You are here

Hooters? Really?

steppedonstep's picture

I have been humming along disengaged, but slipped up today and asked DH a question. His answer reminded me why I should just keep out of it. DH has been trying to reestablish contact with SD and Granddaughter. He took Grand shopping and to lunch today. Came home with a bag from a certain store and I said, "Oh, so you took Grand to abc town for lunch?" He said "Yes, we went to Hooters". I said "WHAT!" He said "Don't fuss at me; that is where she wanted to go; her parents go there all the time and she likes the chicken. He said "I know, I don't go there, but its where she wanted to go." I know some people take their kids to Hooters, but it seems strange to me and since it is not a place DH goes, why not tell Grand we're not going there, what's your second choice? DH is just doing whatever it takes to please (suck up) to SD and Grand. She is 15 years old. Just left me shaking my head. I have to remember to not ask about anything.

twoviewpoints's picture

I understand. having somebody's fanny and chest in my face while trying to have a meal isn't exactly my choice of dining places either. But seriously, when you look at the waitresses (except perhaps that they are more in shape body wise) they don't look much different then half the 18 to 20somethings I see all over the place. Mall, eating establishments, walking down the street. In those incidents, there's not even a choice to 'dine' there are not, the passerby is simply there.

My DS26 (youngest son) and his SO tried a new restaurant in our area a couple years ago. The Tilted Kilt. Poor SO was so uncomfortable with the waitresses (less covered than Hooters) that they left without ordering. DS's SO isn't really that sensitive but these outfits were like dining in a restaurant with waitresses dressed in plaid lingerie.

I would imagine that if it's not a place your DH is use to eating, that he was more uncomfortable than the teen was. I guess they both survived and the teen enjoyed her day with grandpa though and it's not like he tried to hide where he had lunch, so I suppose all is well enough. My DS36(oldest bio-son) took my GS12 there for lunch this summer (rolls eyes) and new DIL was with them.

Onefootout's picture

My SO takes SS16 there at the end of the school year. SS is beyond awkward with girls. He wouldn't know what to do with a real girl.

clydella's picture

I like the burgers, their pretty good. My DH enjoys Hooters, most guys do, I get a kick out of it. But I understand what you're saying, he just went there to appease her and score some points, maybe you could explain to him how inappropiate it must have looked for him to be there with his GD, I'm sure it came across as pervy to the other people there.

Oh, and the last time we went there, I had the biggest hooters in the place, none of the waitresses liked me. Blum 3