You are here

Hi All - I'm Still Here Abiet Spent Time in Hospital....

shes driving me crazy in my retirement's picture

Yep, all the stress even the working on geting rid of it and feeling peaceful I came down with phneumonia and ended up in the hospital!  Doc. said that the fatique of stress got my immune system down (yes I do have the shot) and left me vunerable.

H, I must say, has been at my side almost constantly.  Still feeling like a dish rag and recovering, which I am certain is going to take some time before I really feel good again.  H comes by daily and cooks, cleans, runs errands for me BUT I will not let him stay or move back in.  I do need the help right  now.

Needless to say, I haven't been going to conselling, but I understand that he is keeping his appointments.  That's a good sign.  I haven't discussed his sessions because that is for HIM to work on.

BUT, he hasn't mentioned Twit at all.  DD is on the phone checking on me and H's other daughter and son have as well.  In fact, his good adult children sent me flowers at the hospital!  That touched me.

Man, trying to do much of anything is tough right now.  H loves making chicken noodle soup, chicken tortillini, chicken rice soup, etc.  I finally had to tell him to STOP all the chicken soup or I was going to start clucking.  His was really concerned and has taken very good care of me tough at times I just need peace and quiet by myself.  Of course I didn't have much of an appetitie for a long time but it is coming back.  I can see home made lasagna in my future as H is making that for me tomorrow, and I can't wait.

I asked the doctor, while I was in the hospital, to talk to H about the stress that I had been under for so long and how it got me to that point (this so that H would get the understanding of how it affects me).  Funny, I start to feel calm and peaceful about things, life, no Twit etc., and wham.....come down with that and quite suddenly too.

bedazzled's picture

So sorry you are sick. Stress really does takes its toll on us. It effects us physically, emotionally and spiritually. It breaks down our immune system. 

When SD starts her sick games with me, my whole body aches. 

It is good that you H is stepping up and taking care of you. Glad he hasn’t brought up Twit also.  It will be interesting to get your  therapists opinion when you are feeling up to being able to go back to counseling. 

Hope you are up and feeling better soon. Hope the Dr gets through to H and he can see what twits stress has done to you and takes it seriously. 

Take care 

still learning's picture

Get better SDM!  

Sounds like your H is a better partner when you're living apart.  I vote to stay married but keep that arrangement Wink

Myss.Tique D'Off's picture

Get well soon and concentrate on your healing Smile Your health matters - everything else is secondary.

Aniki-Moderator's picture

Sorry to hear you've been so sick. Nice to hear that H has stepped up to care for you. How lovely to hear NOTHING twit! Wishing you a speedy recovery.

sandye21's picture

Was wondering what happened to you.  You are making yourself a priority and this will help your recovery.  Good thing you are not asking about DH's sessions with the therapist or 'a person whom we won't name'.  This will help to put her in the past.  Also, DH's good daughter sending you flowers and good wishes speaks volumes about the person you really are.  (((HUGS)))

Exjuliemccoy's picture

Steplife affected my emotional and physical health (I started breaking out in hives and developed colitis).

Please keep taking care of yourself, SDM. Let your H demonstrate his love for you. You've more than earned it.

Merry's picture

Get well! Your DH loves you—hoping he can make the changes he needs to make so that you can live peacefully. 

Survivingstephell's picture

Get on Pinterest and find him a new recipe.  Geesh, he really can't think outside the box can he?  

Glad you have help and that he is behaving for now.  

THANK YOU ALL!    Havent' even thought about the cretin much less talked about her.  To  me, she is GONE, DEAD, etc.  I want nothing more to do, hear or have to deal with regarding her; and H knows it well.

Unless H told her, I know her brother and sister won't because they, too, can't stand her and don't want anything to do with her.  Obviously there is a reason why no one wants to deal with her, even her own Mother.  Now, something is really wrong when one's own Mother doesn't want any thing to do with her.

Sadly, I am prone to getting things like bronchitis when I am stressed out and I guess just the coming down from being stressed pushed me over into fatigue and phneumonia.  One know's one is sick when one stays in the hospital for over a week.  These days your insurance wants to get you out as soon as possible.

Just read a little, scan ST, watch t.v. a little and sleep a lot plus walk around the house to keep my legs moving.  Grrr.  I HATE being down like this.

H has been great even though I have snapped at him a few times.  Not that he has done anything but I am getting cabin fever so to speak..

Rags's picture

Dear Lady,

I was wondering how you were doing.  I am so sorry that you have had this health crisis.

The great news is that DH seems to be making a concerted effort to extricate his head from his own butt regarding TWIT and her evil manipulations.  It is sad that it has taken your severe health crisis for him to fully engage in making the effort to work with the counselor regularly and to gain understanding on how all of this effects you.

Take care of yourself, fell better soon.

Sincere regards,

Rags

Still here and taking it easy as I recover.  I get up and do things, but I get tired quickly and it is going to be awhile before I am back to normal.  Sadly, as we age it seems to take longer and longer to recover from things, both physically and emotionally.

H has not mentioned Twit at all and I prefer it that way.  Actually, it is quite nice when I don't have to hear about her or feel I have to be on alert for her dramatics.  H. doesn't stay here.  I guess he got a small furnished apartment sometime back in Dec.  Goes to show how much I was keeping tabs on him.  We still have some mountains that have to be taken care of before I ask him to move back in, if I do.

notasm3's picture

Just be patient about getting your strength back.  I had horrible pneumonia and spent 2 weeks in the hospital truly not knowing if I was going to live or not.   That was over 35 years ago so I was only in my 30s.   That was in March and it was September before I felt normal again.

You will feel better.  I've never had pneumonia again.

I was in for 7 days.  Today I am feeling somewhat good, but I tire easily and sleep a lot.  Doc said it is going to take time to get well and not to plan on going any where for awhile.  Said I was lucky I did have the flue shot (both of them) but being run down, stressed out, etc. does a lot to one's resistance to these things.  So the up side is that it could have been worse.

Thanks for your welll wishes.