You are here

Here we go again.....

Madamx28's picture

So the deal was the kid was supposed to give me $300 towards rent on a new place which he is supposed to move into Aug 1. He just got here (2 hrs late) and told me he's only going to give me $250 and offered no reason. I told him I didn't care cos as of Aug 1 he's not living out of our house anymore. He said "that's fine, I understand why you don't want my stuff here anymore". I told him it's not about his stuff being here it's about him using our electricity, our water etc etc. I told him he's 23 years old and it's time he moved out and got his own place. He said he understood but I guarantee you he'll run straight to daddy when he gets home and tell him what I said and daddy will tell him he doesn't have to move on Aug 1 if he can't afford it.

I''m so sick and tired and angry right now I'm shaking! I can't believe he had the audacity to say "I understand why you don't want my stuff here anymore". Does he really think that's the whole problem or is he just being a condcending little a*#hole? I'm so angry right now I could spit!

Madamx28's picture

Actually, he's already had ALL of that multiple times within the last 2 years and every time he ends up getting kicked out for not paying rent and let go from his job for various reasons (have NO idea what happens with the gf's). He's been on his own but prefers to live here and mooch off of us, which is why he's trying to pull this crap again. I've been down this road before, I know the signs all too well and I know what comes next. I'm sick of it!

GoodbyeNormaJean's picture

Well, maybe if his dad makes it clear that he can't come home if he gets kicked out, he'll try a bit harder. Where is his mom? Who created this monster?

Madamx28's picture

LOL, his mom created this monster when he was much younger. He has 2 younger brothers as well but they are both now on the right track, working and living on their own. They all lived with their mom when their parents first split up but their dad fought for custody and won because his ex was such a bad influence. the kid ran away from our home at 16 because all he wanted to do was do drugs which we wouldn't allow so he went to live with his mom up north. She died of a prescription drug overdose 3 years ago. His kid continued to live up there for a year by himself but I think he got booted out for non payment of rent and came to live with us. The rest I have explained above.

I agree, his dad should make it crystal clear that he can't move back in, but he always adds a sugar coating to everything and the kid doesn't take it seriously. I've told him this so many times that he needs to be firmer, but he never holds firm.

Madamx28's picture

I just did the math and of the 26 months since he moved from his own place 6 hrs north of us, he has lived at OUR house on and off for 14 of those months and now he's back trying to get back in again.
t
I think it's time for ME to have a chat with him in front of his father so he understands exactly why I want him out of here for good this time. He needs to understand just how much of an intrusion he has been in our lives. It's not just the hydro, water, food (although he buys SOME of his own food) but it's a complete and total lack of privacy when he sits here all night. He rarely spends an evening anywhere but with us and follows his dad around all the time everywhere he goes. Now he's even trying to get a job working with his dad. He did this once before and it ended with BOTH of them being fired which is why up until just this week my BF has been unemployed since october. I hate the thoughts of this once again happening but my BF says he's all for it and is trying to help him get a job working with him. His son is all for it and even said to me today that if he gets a job with his dad he'll have a ride into work again. The last time they worked together he rarely gave any gas money and his father never pushes for it either and ends up paying out of pocket most times leaving us short on cash.

I wish he would find a GF who he could focus his attention on but all the girls he hangs out with only seem to be one night stands or booty calls. He is clearly a user of all people and his dad just doesn't seem to see it.

Madamx28's picture

I should also add that his mom never worked a day in her life so he's learned to live off of others. I think the only reason he's looking for a job now is because his dad is pushing him. It's funny that he pushes him to do that but wont push him into getting and KEEPING a place. That's the key by the way, he needs to KEEP the place by paying his rent instead of partying it away.

Auteur's picture

Treat him like a TENANT. Everything in writing. Thirty day notice when he's "behind on the rent." Eviction proceedings; the whole ball of wax.

He's a tenant. period. Tenant no payee rent, tenant gets pitched out on bum!