You are here

H promised to take care of SD- not his wife

Kym8's picture

So, its been insane here lately. I said earlier that I didnt want SD in my home anymore and that if H wanted to visit with her he can do so anywhere they want but not in my home. I complelety support them having a relationship - completely! But, like many of you I have decided to disengage. 

Well, that didn't work very well for me because I was constantly harassed into letting her come over and use MY gym. So, i finally relented and agreed that she could come and use it but she HAD to be here and gone by 10am. So, she never showed up for days...then she calls H in the middle of the afternoon one day and says she's coming over at 5-6 pm. He tells me she going to come by then, I say ABSOLUTELY NOT- that was not the agreement. Well, as you can imagine that didn't go over well, but I stood my ground and said NO. (I mean sreiously, can anyone see that SD is purposely causing a problem? She was told what I was willing to allow and then decides that it wasn't good enough and pushed to have her way) H couldnt understand why I was standing my ground and actually asked me "What's the big deal???" and then after I explained what the agreement was (AGAIN) he said 'You mean if she wants to just come over and visit whenever she wants- she can't???' Seriously??? Anyway, to punish me for not backing down he decided to call me a bunch of names and then give the silent treatment. Then disappeared with SS to a city 6 hrs away without telling me, was gone for 2 days and then when he returned he didn't say anything to me. 

So, yesterday I drove a work friend (female) to a town couple hrs away so she could start her new job. Her original ride bailed on her so she asked me. I told my H what I was doing and where I was going - and he flipped out. I took my friend anyway because she really really needed this job (she was out of work since Nov 2019- and couldnt pay her rent or anything)  When i returned H threw his wedding ring at me and told me that he was done. That taking my friend was disrespectful to him- and that I didn't go and get his pills from the pharmacy (I didn't know about that ) and I didn't even make dinner for him. (I returned around 7pm and he wasn't home so I assumed that he went and grabbed something) And then this morning told me that SD was the most important to him and that he promised to take care of her. I said 'You married me under the eyes of God and promised to love, honour, and cherish me - you promised to take care of your wife" ( he doesn't completely support me or anything like that as I work -well i did but the covid has stopped my workplace) and I pay bills here, I buy all the groceries (for H, myself and SS who lives in the home as well- he's 41) and do all the cleaning and cooking (never in 7 years has he ever made me so much as a sandwich - even when I'm out working 15-16 hrs a day) I do all the outside chores, mowing, plowing snow etc - so I contribute alot here. But H just repeated that he promised to take care of SD- who should be quite capable to take care of herself, shes 24 almost 25 next week. SD even had to come spend the day with Daddy on mother's day, after H made a promise to me about it being my day and we were going to do something together. I got cold, chicken wings for mother's day dinner that he brought back AFTER spending the day with her. She is not a mother - no kids. But, She HAD to spent the that day with him. My SS gave me a nice card and a gift card as well.....it was very thoughtful. My kids all called and had sent cards earlier. 

Anyway, that's been my life lately. I just needed to vent alittle. Thanks for listening 

shamds's picture

And your husband is an absolute di*khead!!

why is ss living in your home if he is in his 40s?? Is this a temporary thing because of covid-19 because he is looking for work etc?

i had 1.5 yrs ago my ss20 actually demanded daddy take him and his sisters from bio mum for a holiday somewhere during our 3rd wedding anniversary weekend, ss knew it was our wedding anniversary as he was at the wedding. 

Hubby had told me months before we would have to do a late celebration and combine it with my birthday the following month because he was swamped at work.

then ss says take me on a holiday with my full sisters (no stepmum or half siblings who were 1.5 & 2.5 yrs old). Somehow my husband was expected to leave us at home for several days to fend for ourselves whilst his kids got pampered.

hubby tells me the kids are coming on our wedding anniversary weekend and to book the tickets and accommodations etc. i replied with “NOOOOOOOOOOO!!”

hubby was confused and I reminded him this was our weekend, nothing about skids is important and he’s absolutely stupid to even say that skids are coming since they ignore me and shun me and my kids wih hubby, then rant on about bio mum and stepdad. So you want me to go on a holiday trip for our wedding anniversary that has me shunned by your kids, me treated like shit as usual and having that trip revolve around non stop rants of bio mum??

i told hubby i’d divorce his arse if he even thought that was an option again!!

this is your gym set, you make the rules. Frankly speaking i’d be telling my husband his kid could eff off and she has no shame treating me like shit and demanding she uses my home gym and hubby has lost it...

your husband is a grown man and perfectly capable of making a sandwich, heck my 3 & 4yr olds are raiders of the pantry and fridge for snacks like cheese and cookies so a grown man is capable of way more.

your husband has shown you that you are not important at all in his life, so why stay??

if princess precious is the centre of his universe, let him be with her for life. His life revolving around hers and him never able to find happiness because his daughter will drive any romance away. He’ll grow into a lonely miserable man

notsurehowtodeal's picture

What are you getting out of this relationship? Your DH leaves for 2 days, yet is upset that you were gone for a few hours? You work outside the home, and take care of all of the inside and outside household chores - what does your DH do? What does he bring to this relationship? Why do you stay?

Your SD is not your problem - your DH and his lack of respect for you is your main problem.

Kym8's picture

I am making an exit plan but cannot move forward until i have a job again. Usually I start work in the spring and work until the snow comes....and then I work when I'm called during the winter. Covid had competely stopped my returning to work fulltime. 

My SS who is in his 40's lives here with us because he came to learn to drive truck and then H and him decided to run the business together, although H has never put SS on anything to show that he is a partner. He says that he will leave the business to SS when he passes- and leave everything else to SD. I care for my SS- for awhile it was difficult when SD lived here as well because she constantly causing so many issues and SD had SS believing that I was the 'terrible' one for quite awhile until she showed her true colours and started treating SS (her brother) almost as bad as she was treating me. He brought his daughters here around xmas time for a visit (they live 15 hrs away)and SD wouldnt even look at them - they tried a few times to talk to her but she would just ignore them or pretend to be on the phone. SD became very jealous of her brother because she found out that my H was leaving him stuff in the will. SD believes that EVERYTHING should be hers only. She tries to get her brother (my SS) to be 'a family' when she needs him to do something for her, like fix her truck or detail it for her etc. My SS and I have a decent relationship but he knows how difficult its been for me here and he tries to help, but then the wrath of my H and SD come down on him. So, i try to keep him out of things as much as I can. 

My H would always go to my SD and SS and talk s**t about me but finally my SS said he didn't want to hear anymore and told his dad to leave him out of it. My SS says that he loves me and that he hates to see how I am treated and hopes I can leave soon. He says I'll be happier away from here.

My H works in the shop when he wants ( he has a business here based out of the property ) so thats what he does. Both my SS and I work drive truck for his business. H and SS do all the servicing of the trucks and maintence on them plus they also do that for other trucking companys ( friends) My SS does the majority of the work though to be honest- very hard working guy.  

notsurehowtodeal's picture

What is he leaving to you? Does he have an actual will?

In my area, if you can drive a truck, you can find a job. Use that skill to get a paying job for yourself instead of working for DH. Does he pay you for the work you do for him? If not, even more of a reason he should be leaving you something.

tog redux's picture

Not sure how old you are, but maybe you should divorce your H and marry your SS. He sounds like a much better person. (Kidding, of course - but you have to get out of this toxic situation).

Olivia2020's picture

Yep, been there done that, the triangulation...to be shunned, ignored and left out of 'fun things.' DaughterWife was right there for daddyyy when my soon-to-be-exH was upset with me about something/nothing/anything. Your H going out of town with DaughterWife is unreal and unacceptable. Your H will try to boggle your mind with irrelevant details (no dinner, you not picking up his meds, etc) to deflect...he's picking you apart to shift the focus onto YOU and then you wear yourself out feeling the need to defend yourself with all you do for the household.  

In the weeks leading up to my leaving...I told my soon-to-be-exH that men like him...in their mid-50's, out of shape, with prostate cancer, tightwad, still hung up on ExW/BioWhoreMom and having an entitled and spoiled DaughterWife that displays sexual behaviors with him...are NOT in high demand. But DaughterWife is his PRIORITY, not our marraige, and there was nothing or no one changing that dysfunctional dynamic. I pity any woman that he tries to rope into a relationship. But I can only look out for myself and I have. I left over 8 weeks ago and still cry sometimes (he and I met 5 years ago even though the marriage was short)...I cry because I believed him, trusted him and made stupid excuses for his and his DW's behaviors towards me...sometimes I cry because I am SO HAPPY that I bailed out sooner than later! My first post here was on 6 March, asking how do I live with this? Wow, to think I was going to try to continue to put MY feelings and self-worth to the side any longer...sheesh....so glad to have escaped. I moved out the day of or the day prior to the stay-at-home order....I would have NOT survived living in that house with both of them and then DW's bf that moved in the week prior to my planned escape. Soon-to-be-exH can sit his lonely butt in that house and be tormented by the fact that he can no longer control me as he devises ways to get back into my life. He cannot stand being alone and this is torture for him. Too bad. Maybe your H needs to have time alone without you to realize how much you mean to him. Sounds like he doesn't appreciate all that you do for him and the household. You can think of which of YOUR needs are being met in this relationship. 

The serenity and peace of mind is so much better for your quality of life...all on the other side of the HELL you're living every day. I logged in today to check on you and saw this post! I hope you can find resources and support to do what your heart of hearts tells you to do...find peace. We all want the best for you.

Kym8's picture

H says he's leaving something but hasn't actually change his will. All I asked for was that if he were to pass that I not be immediately evicted from my home which will go to SD. I know that he won't even be 'cold' before she will have the cops here to remove me post haste. I should be allowed to stay in my home for a reasonable amount of time. But when I bring the subject up he calls me names like 'greedy' and goldigger' So, I stopped asking. SD brings up the will all the time - and that eveything should be put in her name in case he FINALLY comes to his senses and divorces me then I'm entitled to nothing. For all I know he has done that. He lies by omission. I was at one time put on a life insurance policy but I share that with SD....and he has threatened numerous times to remove me and leave it all to SD. So, my bet is on that I will recieve nothing but a very fast eviction. 

And yes he does pay me like an employee. But work here is slow starting with the covid pandemic. I have been applying everywhere - will even relocate far away from here. Would actually prefer to move far from here, then I wouldn't be sucked back into this vortex which feels like living in the twilight zone or a insane asylum that's run by the patients - both analogies apply here. Or maybe this IS hell and and I died and didn't know it???? 

Olivia2020's picture

Yep, the jerk I'm divorcing did the same with me regarding his life insurance (I didn't ask about his big policy that is for his two daughters, just the one from his employer) saying he had a $50K one from his employer that would "cover the costs of selling the house and moving if I died." He never would give me proof of the change so I'd ask, 'Who do I contact in case you pass away?" and he told me to call his employer. Wow. 

Yesterday I asked my lawyer to force the sell of the house (the house he and I bought for us)...so if nothing else, it'll inconvenience him and DaughterWife. No more threats, no more lying by omission, no more crayzmaking!

Powerfamily's picture

What stopping you from leaving, not whether or not you love him.  That's not impotant why are you allowing him to treat you like this.

Stop paying for the house and the bills, it not yours, you will not benefit from it so leave it for him to and his children to cover all the costs.  Only buy food for yourself, only do your laundry, cooking and cleaning.  He only wants you to be a housekeeper, cook and maybe if you a lucky he will throw you a few scraps to keep you attached to him.

If the gym equipment is yours then put it in storage, so no one can use it especially if the person using it is abusive towards you.

Winterglow's picture

Start by consulting a lawyer to find out hust how much of what your DuH is threatening is actually possible. Your SD may not be able to evict you from the marital home.

Is your name on the deed for the house? If not, stop paying for something that isn't yours.

Is there a lock on your gym door? If not, have one put on today.

How long have you been married? Are you elegible for alimony if you divorce?

Kym8's picture

Hi again 

so my gym equipment is located downstairs in the 'family room' so there's no door for a lock. I cannot just stop doing everything I do because H gets very angry when things aren't done. My name is not on the house, it is solely his. He had it when we met. 
And togs, I'm 49. Lol 

tog redux's picture

So you and SS would be right age to marry!  Truly - your H is toxic and psychologically/verbally abusive. Get yourself out of there. SD isn't the problem, she's a symptom of the problem.

Kym8's picture

We have been married almost 2 years but together for 7. And I signed a prenup before we got married because he said if I didn't then I had to move out that moment. 

Kym8's picture

Today, my H told me that I had to fix this thing with SD because he thinks its stupid. I said 'my boundry is stupid? Me protecting myself against someone who constantly disrespects me and causes chaos and drama in my marriage...is stupid? ' He said that Im stupid and my boundry is stupid. I said 'I wouldn't feel the need to protect myself against her by disengaging if he would've stood up for me at all' Then its went down hill from there....name calling and belittling as usual. He is also saying that I stepped over the line by taking my friend to her new job the other day. He honestly believes that I only did it to be spiteful and vinditive to him.....who thinks like that? I'm not a spiteful vindictive person....never have been. When H is happy with me (which is rare these days) he also says that I'm to nice and that I need to be more of a b***h or ppl walk all over me. He says that he didnt tell me about him leaving for 2 days because we weren't talking (and by that he means that he was punishing me again for not giving into SD demands and was giving me the silent treatment) and if we weren't talking why would he tell me anything. But then proceeded to tell me that he will be driving his friend to a city a few hrs away today as well and that if I can do that then he can too, and it better not upset me. Doesn't that seem spiteful???? Honestly I dont mind that he do that...if that is what he's doing. I just find it so coincidental and revengy, yeah? 

Cover1W's picture

Listen, my ex used to do similar things and say the same thing to me. That I was dumb, my friends took advantage and I couldn't be trusted. But his friends (from the bar) and his little weekend aways were perfectly fine. And I was not to question him.

For yourself, you likely don't realize how much you are walking on eggshells. Until you get out. Please leave. You sound like a nice person and your attempts to fix the situation HE created will not work. You will be do much happier and lighter without him.

shamds's picture

adult

btw your boundaries are not stupid. He has deflected to you to fix this because he knows he is a shit parent who cannot parent his daughter well and refuses to.

in between you and his daughter’s demands, he feels well between the 2 of u, sd would just chuck a hissy fit and cause so much drama so its always about caving into princess precious demands 

i remember 1.5 yrs ago feeling like a 3rd wheel bed warmer, the afterthought of hubby after his kids except i am his wife and mother to his 2 young kids and he doesn’t get to make executive decisions for us involving our time or how things will be. I shut that shit down firmly as hubby knows i mean what i say

my only response to him is if he cannot get his kids to be pleasant or respectful, then i will never put myself and my young kids around them and its rude and selfish of him to force or guilt us to.

gaslighting and putting the blame on you is a manipulative tactic to get you to cave in as u usually do. Because he knows he can guilt u into submission

you should firmly say NO!! sd wantd to use gym, ur answer is NO!! Because she is disrespectful rude and abusive and has some nerve and no shame to be demanding to use it. Then tell your husband that if he were a proper parent and decent human, he would have never allowed this shit to brew for so many years and not hold his kid accountable for her bad actions and sweep it under a rug and its blatantly obvious he does not care about u or respect you

Kym8's picture

Loverofreailty, my life and situation are not made up in anyway.....I truly wish they were. Truly. But, this is my reality. H says things like this on a constant loop....sometimes when he talking at me I try and say 'whatever youre going to say, try saying the opposite of that' or I say 'what did saying that (whatever mean thing) accomplish??'  My H has no concept that he is abusive in any way, even when our pastor told him that he was treating me badly he never heard that at all. But, we stopped going to that church right after. My H says all this drama is my fault with SD - regardless that when H is happy with me he acknowledges that she is horrible to me. He says that she has changed ( I highly doubt that ) so when I asked for an apology from her to start the 'healing' process...she said 'I have nothing to apologize for, when is SM going to apologize to me??' What???? And they believe that I SHOULD apologize to her. When I ask what exactly am I apologizing for, no one has an answer. But, I'm told that if I just apologize that we can be a family. I tried that when she moved back in the house and was treated like I was invisible, she lied about where I was at times to cause problems (even when I was at work and could proof that that's where I was) she repeatedly 'whispered' horrible negative things about me in my H's ear. She called 'family' meeting and DEMANDED that H get a divorce because she was uncomfortable with me living here.  I had to clean up after her, and she would complain when I didn't and say 'what's the big f*****g deal -you have to clean the house anyway, don't you? My H never seems to have my back. So, maybe if I was reading these posts and had never lived through it, maybe I would wonder if they were 'made up' but sadly they are not. I could literally write a book on stuff and crap that I have not only lived through but tolerated because my H kept telling me that if I just waited alittle longer than he would treat me better, treat me nicer. I know that I tolerated alot more than other ppl would have....and that's on me totally. But, I am by nature an optimist and had always hoped for a happier tomorrow and marriage. Everyone says just leave.....but I have no real money of my own ( my savings always seems to get deleted so fast ) and I have no job. I have applied everywhere......no exaggeration. I applied for jobs that are barely minium wage and cannot get a job. I'm stressed and my anxiety through the roof. Before this relationship I had never known the' silent treament' or the undermining of my self esteem - I had never lived like that. I never knew what a naricisst was or bi polar disorder and what a terrible condtion it was to have both. ( H has never been diagnosed either but he shows all symtoms) I feel like I was lied to for so long, that if I just was better and tried harder and accepted eveything he would love me and treat me with respect and alittle kindness. I didn't know that he told SD that he would take care of her forever and not take care of his wife that he married in the eyes of God (whom he says he believes in)  And I am heartbroken by that knowledge...even today as I write this I am heart broken and wonder what I didn't do right.  Am I so lovable? Am I not worth respect...what is wrong with me. Why am I heartbroken and defeated and H is out enjoying his day...not heart broken like I am. Do you know how horrible it is to know that your very presence makes no difference to the person who promised to love, honour and cherish you to death do you part? I am so insignificant to him. Thats heart breaking.
I know that you didnt mean anything offensive to me, but this is my real life. 

Cover1W's picture

Why is your savings depleted so fast? Does he take it? Does he give you a meager allowance? If so open a new account only you know about and start planning. Keep looking for a job. Do you have friends or family, even in different cities, you can ask for help? Don't be afraid to just leave everything but a bag of things behind.

Olivia2020's picture

I can say 'ditto, ditto, ditto...' to so many things you've described...what you are dealing with, sounds like he could be diagnosed with Narcissistic Personality Disorder (a bit different than having narcissistic traits) and Borderline Personality Disorder. Oftentimes, both are diagnosed together. This is just based on what you've described and my years of clinical psychology. I had no idea my almost exH was so much both of these disorders until I lived with him and his UGLY and ANGER/SCREAMING came out to me full-force! He was buried under layers of his lies that he couldn't find another lie to work his way out. Your H will never seek counseling, will blame you for not getting counseling to 'save the marriage' and guys with one or both of these personality disorders do not see anything wrong with what they say or do...zero empathy. There are some good articles on the internet on Narcissitic Personality Disorder that will help you feel 'not so crazy' with all the mindboggling stuff he is throwing your way. 

Rags's picture

Why is it still you life after that shit show from DH and his toxici spawn of a daughter?

Time to cut them all off and put the financial support of the entire family, including you, fully on DH's shoulders.  At least that is what I would recommend if he had not thrown his wedding ring at you.

Rekey the locks immediately, file for divorce, since he threw his ring at you and cussed you out add a RO/PO to the mix and get him out of your home.  Since SS-41 seems pleasant enough..... let him know he can stay for a launch horizon but that he will have to leave as well since his idiot father is no longer of adequate character to remain your husband.

smh

Kym8's picture

I signed a prenup that cleary states that if we are to separate regardless of the why I have no right to have him thrown out of HIS house on any basis. I am allowed to stay here in the event of separation or pending divorce for 2 weeks or as long as my H deems appropriate and then I have to vacate the premises. WHILE I remain in this house I WILL pay what is set inthe prenup or I have to leave.

And before anyone asks why did I sign? He took me to his friend (who is a lawyer and drew up the prenup) who got a lawyer friend of his to go over the prenup with me, because it wouldnt have been legal and binding without my own counsel. My counsel went over with me and said 'personally I wouldnt sign this because it doesn't cover you at all, there is not one provision for you in here. It's all for him. Do you understand that?' I said that I did but told him that on the way to see my counsel my H told me that if I didn't sign this today that I had to move out that day. Immediate!! I was also not to tell my counsel that he said that.I did share it with him anyway even though I wasn't sure that my H wouldnt find out.He never did, as far as I know.  He said that constitutes duress- and said I didn't have to sign and shouldn't sign it. But, I was so scared what would happen and how my H would react that I signed it.Then we went out for dinner with his friend the lawyer who drew up the prenup and they joked about how it was an ironclad prenup. So, I am scared that if I was to try to keep him out of the house I would lose because of signed prenup. And I would be scared what would happen to me after cause he would be so angry. 

SteppedOut's picture

I have seen prenups thrown out due to duress at signing. It may not be "iron clad". I think you should consult an attorney. 

hereiam's picture

He took me to his friend (who is a lawyer and drew up the prenup) who got a lawyer friend of his to go over the prenup with me, because it wouldnt have been legal and binding without my own counsel.

Agree and I don't consider this ^^^^ to be having her own counsel.

Kym8's picture

Loverofreality,

Thank you for saying all that to me. Although it made me cry, I only cried because they were kind words. So, thank you. One day when I am finally free of this - I pray that it will be the best decision I ever made and I will be happy and enjoying my life. I took off my wedding ring today and put it away- I've never done that before. I know this will be extremely difficult because I imagine this is how to feels to be addicted to something that you know is slowly killing you and having to choose to walk away from it. I am unbelieveably scared and unsure of what life will bring, but I pray that eventually it will be glorious. That I will finally be able to breathe without this weight around me. My marriage is ending! I have to accept that. It's not SD fault completely - my H allowed all this to happen and loved watching it destroy me. So, I have to keep to my exit paln and forge ahead, yeah?

Olivia2020's picture

At least you have one person who could be on your side, as proof of the abuse, in case SS had to write a statement for a lawyer/divorce. Your H caught you in a VERY vulnerable position with the pre-nup...either sign or be homeless tomorrow...that's not cool...and having his friend involved...um, not trustworthy. You can leave this mess up to a lawyer to sort through when the time comes for you to retain one when you file for divorce. The business, vehicles, the house, etc are all assets the lawyers can work through plus your bank statements could prove what you have financially contributed to the home. The fear will go away when you move out of the city/town you're in now...cut all ties and the lawyers can do what they are highly trained to do with divorce settlements. Just try to get your personal items (photos, family heirlooms, irreplaceable things, jewelry, etc) in a SAFE place...maybe rent a small storage unit, take to a friends house or get a lockbox at the bank. Make a list of what you need to take so you don't leave anything behind IN CASE he kicks you out. He's not stable, please be safe.

DPW's picture

Honey, you need to see a lawyer and then go to a women's shelter now. They will help you. I know you have a plan but it's too long away and you need to leave now. Please trust me. That will help you get on your feet. 

Kym8's picture

My savings get depleted fast because I have to pay bills here, buy all groceries and and anything I may need.( cell phone or personal things) My job is mostly seasonal ( April - Oct/Nov) H doesn''t actually take my money but since he doesn't have online banking I have to be the one to purchase things he needs. example: if he needs a new grill for his rat rod car(s) or he needs to buy anything that he finds on amazon, auctions, or buy and sell sites  like headlights, a truck he can salvage for parts etc. I know some of you, probably most of you would never allow that to happen and tell him no, but if I say no the wrath of his anger is to much for me. Or he will quilt me into it - by saying that I'm being selfish and greedy or the dreaded silent treatments starts again. Sometimes he pays me back for it - but not usually. If I question him about repayment then again I'm 'selfish'  I have asked him to use SD to purchase things and although I'm not 100% sure -I think she's said no to him. I end up doing it because I just want some peace and harmony here. So, my savings is pretty much depleted as of now.  I think he knows by keeping me with little to no money I can't leave and start over.  I've been reading alot about narcissits, controlling partners, sociopaths, mental and emotional abuse. H exhibits almost all of these traits, and when he knows roughly that I'm pretty close to broke (remember that I work for his business so he knows how much I am paid) the threats of being removed from the home become more frequent. And so, start the cycle of anxiety, terrible migraines, loss of sleep for me. 

Rags's picture

You need to move on and leave this POS in your past. where he and his shallow and polluted gene pool belong.

You will never be a true partner in this marriage.  You are just his live in sex worker, breeding partner, and indentured servant.

Value yourself and leave.  That fact that you signed the prenup under duress should give a good attorney what they need to invalidate it and whip your DH's ass in court.

Regardless, you need to move on and find a man who loves and values you rather than this POS you have burdened yourself with.

Good luck.

Kym8's picture

Thank you to ALL of you with your replies and advice. I will be contacting lawyers tuesday(it's a hoilday wekend here) to see if anyone can look into prenup and to give me an idea what my rights are.

Olivia, my SS could never help me because he knows that it would anger my H. When my H is threatened or precieves a threat from someone he will make them pay and pay dearly. H has completely destroyed ppl by sueing them, destroyed ppl reputations with lies and deceit. He feels no remorse for doing these things because he believes that he is above everyone and normal rules don't apply to him .I have witnessed these encounters first hand. So, I would never ask my SS for anything or put him in a terrible situation.  I have come to the realization that my H has NPD - from everything I've read lately it all fits like puzzle pieces - I am reading everything I can, soaking it all up like a dryed up sponge. I understand that he will never change - they cannot be fixed , this is WHO THEY ARE. As sad and as heartbreaking as that is to realize , it also makes me feel better (even briefly) that there's nothing I could've ever done to make this relationship work. 7 years of crying, begging , pleading for him to just treat me nicer (even slightly) was all in vain - he is incapable of real love. But, all this info has made me numb today...and although I feel slightly disconnected from him right now, I know this feeling won't last. Master manipulators that they are, he will pull me right back in to this vortex. I have to leave. 

Rags, I absolutely do see what's wrong with my financial situation but as I mentioned before it is extremely difficult to say no....you have no idea the pressure he will put on me to do the things he wants. It's so much easier just to give in and have a sense of peace for even a short duration, then dealing with all the name calling and belittling which turns into silent treatment for which I'm blamed for.......it always twists around and I'm the bad person who ends up apologizing. Like yesterday  I mentioned that he informed me that he was driving his friend to the city few hrs away....but he was in the shop most of the day. So, when he came in I mentioned that I thought he was doing that and asked if something happened to cancel the trip. His answer to me was ' I just told you that to prove a point. If you think that you're going to just galavate around with your loser friend all the time -then I can do that as well. I said to teach you a lesson'   Galavant around??? I never go anywhere but to the grocery store, maybe the hair salon, or to do errands. Seriously GALAVANT??? This is crazy making. So in the end its just much easier to do what he wants and aviod the punishment to will come. 

Again, thanks to everyone for taking the time to listen to me. I know when I first pop up on this site I truly believed that my SD was the cause of my unhappiness, and she is (believe me) to a certain extent but someone on here said that she was actually just a symtom of the problem and to that I agree. My H is the true issue. I dont know if I would've made that connection without listening to what all of you were saying. Thank you. I actually don't belong on a site for SKIDS - although I'm happy I found it. Maybe I belong on a NPD site???  Anyone know of a good one? 

DPW's picture

I've been thinking about you and I'm glad you are taking action.

You are more than welcome to stay here and post. Many of us have dealth with NPD; hopefully we can provide good advice!

ItsGrowingOld's picture

I feel for you.  I really do.  You deserve to be treated with respect.  Here's a quote from another blog that I found to be so true:

"I am telling you to recognize your worth. You are a kick-a$$ business woman who can be financially independent. You have common sense and intelligence. You are kind-hearted.  You are a goddamn GEM!  Realize that you deserve to be valued for who and what you are, not for what you can provide."

Please keep us posted about your plans to leave this abusive relationship. xoxo