You are here

Guess who I got a Birthday Card From??

shes driving me crazy in my retirement's picture

Twit's husband. A real nice card saying "Happy Birthday to a Great Mother-In-Law"! It was signed by just him! Wow! Was I surprised and, well it made me feel nice.

DH was also happy, but he kept hoping that Twit would send me a card as well. That was never going to happen. He was very disappointed with her....especially since her husband acknowledged me and she didn't Her husband is a nice guy, why he stays with Twit is beyond me.

furkidsforme's picture

What would occur to me is that YOU KNOW Twit's DH asked her to sign it. Of course he did, because most NORMAL people would send a card from both parties of the couple.

SO likely Twit refused, and her sweet DH sent it anyhow, with just his signature.

The card was especially for a great Mother-In-Law so I believe that he went and got the card by himself.

Hi Step. --- I would not thing so. Twit's hubby knows what goes on with her and why he puts up with it, tolerates it is beyond me. As I have said, he works long hours, and weekends including Sundays - perhaps to keep away from her nonsense?

When he is around us, by himself or with his sons we have fun laugh, etc. When Twit is there every one is so different.....walking on eggs. Probably why the one son weights close to 400 lbs and the other one is a druggie/drunkie.

If she knows about it - you betcha she is gonna be peeved at me. Hopefully, her hubby just sent it and didn't say anything. BTW - He also enclosed a gift card for me from the local book store. Wasn't that sweet.

I felt briefly sorry for DH, who, after seeing that card come to me {It came on Thursday}, kept watching the mail hoping Twit would have some class.

Oh so agree on the books. That new John Grisham book is gonna be in my hands real soon, thanks to Son-in-Law. He knows I love to read, and has noted other things that I like on various occasion.

Do note, this guy has class....he didn't send me something he got at the bottom of a box lot, garbage that no one else would want. And I know that if Twit finds out he spent $$ on me for my birthday she will have a fit.

Also, this is the first time ever Son-in-law has done something like this for me on his own.

Actually, I believe it is Twit that picks out the garbage she gives to DH and I at the holidays. If you watch my SIL you will see that he is very quiet, doesn't say much, etc. when gift opening time came around. He has had years - over 25 - of being trained to keep his mouth shut about what she does and says IMHO. Because Twit gives away inappropriate trash, like old ashtrays, greasy used grill sets, etc; you know GARBAGE, and then always smiles and says, upon seeing the disappointment, "Oh, it's the THOUGHT that counts". The best one was when she gave DH the greasy old used grill set and then told him that when he learned how to use it she would sell him a $100 grill set from her pot and pan co! Imagine!!! He got a carppy gift AND insulted at the same time and she beamed like she had given him the greatest thing in the world.

He knows I care a lot for him and his sons. When his father passed, 2 years back, he came here after the hospital and I held out my arms to him and held him telling him I was sorry for his loss, that it is hard to lose a parent, to go ahead and cry, I was there. He did, he cried in my arms for a good 10+ minutes. Told him I wasn't his mom, never could replace her, but I was always here if he needed me. I remember holding him as he cried with his head on my shoulder and glancing up to see the icey stare Twit was giving me from across the room.

For some reason, I think she is incapable of feeling any one's pain or even giving a ratz arse about it. What little she does is just for show. Empathy is totally missing from her. But, she can cry a blue streak about how hurt she is when she takes on her victim robe.

Even her sons, all of them, like me. They always come up and give me big bear hugs or pick me up off my feet hugging me. I am interested in them and always tell them things I remember from when they were younger - everyone loves to know that people remember them. Heck, even the drunkie, who is very quiet and standoffish from most people, has even come back into the house to hug me and tell me "I love you Grandma". Of course Twit doesn't like that at all. People know when you really care about them.

"How did Twit land such a classy guy?? The crazy broads always seem to sucker the nice guys"

That is because these crazy broads are manipulative and never show their true selves until after the wedding, much later. Son-In-Law is the kind that takes his vows seriously etc., you know the for better or worse. In this case he is getting the worse. Of course now that the children are grown and have left the nest (last one....drunkie....who moved out too) things might change. That is only going to leave him facing the Twit's craziness etc. Time will tell.

grace8205's picture

Sounds like your son-in-law is a nice guy too bad he has terrible taste in women because his wife sounds like a piece of work.

So, Twit generally rings our phone off the hook with all kinds of messages, crying, etc., which we are ignoring. Yet today, the phone has been strangely quite. Wonderful! DH is hoping that she will call and wish me a happy birthday, but I know that isn't going to happen.

One hope is that she has given up on him, and me, ever responding to her calls, crying, crisises, etc. But I doubt that is the reason.