You are here

Getting fearful

Newimprvmodel's picture

The longer my relationship continues the more I see of dh that frightens me. I clearly believe he is an obsessive compulsive personality--rigid and frugal to the extreme. Our marriage continue to be on the rocks so to speak because he says that I am not a yes person. He expects me to just sit back and agree to everything done his way. So I foolishly agree wholly to accompany him on a business trip. I say to myself do not inquire about the details such as the flight, even though I know it is problematic for me which is why I have NOT accompanied him on this particular trip over the years!
So listen, we must leave from an airport over 3 hours away and arrive at a city 2 hours from our destination so he can visit with a sister for dinner one night. This literally means leaving our home at 2 am to drive in the middle of the night to get to the distant airport. Then upon arrival, we drive another 2 hours. And yes I checked.....there are nonstop flights from an airport 20 minutes from my house. He insisted on this because it is a hundred bucks cheaper and he must have dinner with his sister. Then get home the next day and drive until 3 am from the airport. We both work full time, so this will be exhausting to say the least. I had been thinking this will work....he will do all the driving and I can sleep....but car accidents happen all the time. People do fall asleep at the wheel. Just venting......big sigh.
On a bright spot...I booked the hotel....five star....with a spa.........so while he works I will play!!!
And no, he did not get a call on father day from his daughter. Predictable.

B22S22's picture

Just how much money will be/was spent on gas driving 6 hrs to/from the further airport for this spaghetti-diagram trip?

People forget to factor that in... if I can fly out of my city's airport and the ticket is within $100 of the ticket at the larger airports (2-3 hours away), I do it. We are 15 min away from our airport, so no time spent on the road, and often our neighbor offers to take us so we don't have to pay parking for a week.

ChiefGrownup's picture

Ha. Make the better flight for yourself and join him there! That would have been funny!

Stormyweather's picture

In your original post you mentioned that your marriage is on the rocks.... Bring it forward by saying NO.... Go on your own.

It's over anyway isn't it?