You are here

Getting anoyed with adult step children

Bugsy6731's picture

My wife and I have a daughter with down syndrome and autism. I get annoyed because  my wife's kids that are in their 20's bug the crap out their mom, mainly T and K, S the other daughter lives her own life and doesn't bug her mom constantly. T, her other daughter is having tons of kids I think to annoy me, lol. I mean we have a daughter already with issues and don't need T and K the brats calling their mommy everyday to baby sit the kids. When I first met my wife her daughters were calling her a crack whore, bitch because their dad was teaching them to hate their mom, I quickly  changed that, now they know better than to talk that way about their mom. Any way, T has her mom drive an hour away to clean her house for her, my wife isn't in her 40's anymore she is 53, and getting older and doing too much. If I dare say.......Hun you need to tell Tto have her husband help her, or if I say.......if they can afford three kids then they can afford a maid she flips her lid on me and yells  and says......you hate my kids or hate when I do things for them. It's like, crap******* We already live in a basement of my wife's old foster dad because when he dies he is giving us the house. There is only one room down here and it goes to our daughter who I love more than life itself. When her adult kids ask us to baby sit their kids its hard because if I want peace or not feeling good where am I going to lay down? Can't even lounge around in my boxers. Always freaking kids here. I love the grand kids and don't mind having them over, but not every freaking day. Her daughter T is on her third child and I know when they are all done having kids there will be about 8 or 9 between them all and this house will be nothing more than a hotel-motel with doors swinging open and closed all the time. Her daughter T is like the ring leader trying to be boss and saying things like.......I came up with a idea, how about we go over to one another homes and do deep cleanings on one another's houses. Or she calls and says, mom I need you to watch my kids so I can to a appointment, I mean like, wtf, stop having kids. I would never keep my wife away from her kids but our daughter needs her mom too. Would Anyone else be annoyed like me?

notsurehowtodeal's picture

Members on this board try and retain their privacy. If what you talk about here gets out in the "real world" it can cause you a lot of problems. You should remove all real names and the photograph. It is easy for people to find your information if they want to. The abbreviations for stepkids are SSage for boys and SDage for girls.

Bugsy6731's picture

Thank you for giving me advise. Much respect.

Bugsy6731's picture

My wife has been in a car accident and has bone spurs and sometimes gets pain in her back and hands so maybe I worry too much, to me it's not really her age, just respect the fact she is a female that does too much for her kids sometimes.

marblefawn's picture

Yea, that would annoy the shit out of me. You have a kid who justifiably needs all your attention.

You're a prince for standing up for your wife to her daughters. But your wife clearly doesn't want to be saved from them.

Go get a real house of your own with enough space to spread out. When you get your own house, lay down the law about the SDs. It sounds like you did it before, so you can do it again. Tell your wife to babysit the grandkids at the grandkids' houses. That means you'll be a single father to your daughter while she's being a parent to her daughters' kids, but at least you'll get some peace.

You are right -- the more kids the SDs have, the more they'll encroach on your space and your schedule. Have you suggested to your wife that she talk to her daughter about slowing down, using some birth control and paying for a babysitter? If your SDs learn the real cost of having kids, that will be the best birth control.

Negotiate and negotiate hard with your wife for a reasonable babysitting schedule at your SDs' houses. She might bulk, but tell her if she's going to use her free time to babysit someone else's kids, then you need your own free time to lay about in your boxers while she tends to your daughter. You both need free time. Make a schedule if you have to, but put her back on the job of raising her own kid.

You sound as if you've handled some already unpleasant situations with your SDs. Time to apply that to your wife to get some free time and peace back in your own house. It's not unreasonable.

I feel for you. The only thing my SD ever did for me was not reproduce. One of her in this world was more than enough.

Bugsy6731's picture

Thanks for your comment and ideas. Nice to get fees back. God bless.

Bugsy6731's picture

I use to ask myself the question......am I being selfish for asking my wife to tell her kids no sometimes, being that our daughter is going on ten the 22nd of August and needs her mom too, like her daughters had for 18 years? I mean sometimes I do wonder if her daughter OS having more kids to try and get me running because in the past when we butted heads she said to me and her mom that one day she was going to be better than us and find a man that will take care of her so she won't ever have to work, lol. Those brats thought they had me one day when we lived in apartments they said to their mom I was cheating on her with a woman from one of the apartments, so I was like let's go to the girls and I'll have them take us to the apartment they said I came out of, well i was like.....why are you making up lies saying I cheated on your mom? They said we saw you kiss a woman from a apartment I said okay take me to the apartment then and we get this figured out right now, they knew i called their bluff and said were sorry, we lied. Females are sneaky and will find any and every way they can to get a man that's with their mom to run away, I won't run and let their games get to me. Only reason why T and and her husband D get on my nerves is because my daughter was sick in the hospital with RSV and really sick and we owed T like 60.00 and her and her husband called us at the hospital harassing us talking crap after that I just couldn't stand the both of them. We actually were going to give them the 60.00 the next day but the night before my daughter had a fever and looked Pale and was shaking after she got out of the shower so we took her to the E.R. and that's when we found out she had RSV. I mean sd T was relentless with the phone calls threatening, then had her husband call, I was about to throw hands with this dude, luckily after I sent a text saying......My daughter, your sister is deathly sick and you're causing a ruckus, and if you don't stop I'm going to black out and go find your husband and we will end up throwing hands, then said.....give your sis some respect. Texts and calls stopped after that. We borrowed 60.00 because I had lost my wallet at the dmv and 700 in cash was now in someone else's pocket and my wallet gone. But sd T is still at her games. I love this site. So how does the code names work on here, can someone explain in detail? Thanks.

StepUltimate's picture

Glad you're here. Common codes/references:

• SS18 = step son, age 18
  • SD9 = step daughter, age 9
  • BM = biological mother
  • DH = Dear Husbsnd
  • DW = Dear Wife
  • GUBM = Golden-Uterus Birth-Mom
  • HCBM = High Conflict Birth-Mom
  • GBM =Grand-bio-mom
  • Etc.

Bugsy6731's picture

I'll start using those codes.

still learning's picture

Be careful because you may slip up and start speaking code IRL.  I once asked my darling husband, "When is SS coming over?" Oops! He gave me the side eye and I quickly said ss's name.  I've never discussed this forum with him, it's my own personal counseling corner but I almost gave myself away.  

Bugsy6731's picture

Uh, oh, be careful, don't let your husband know about this place, I'd hate my wife to find out about it. It's my place to come too and release my anger into text. Thanks for your feed back.

Rags's picture

I have shared my STalk life with my DW since day one. Not in detail but that I belong to some very active SParenting communities.

Rags's picture

I applaud that you have retained your balls in this relationship though it is sad to me that your bride has allowed herself to become her elders spawn's beck and call girl. 

If you do not drive clarity into DW's skull you are in for a very long and unpleasant run in your retirement years.  My parents have close friends who are in a similar situation with their breeding aged daughter.  I am 54 my parents are 76 (in 2 days) and 73 respectively and their friends are of similar age to my parents.  The wife in that F-ed up situation cleans the daughter's house, goes every AM to get the GrandSpawn ready for school and cooks dinner for the daughter and her entire family including the daughter's husband. 

The husband in that marriage has extricated himself entirely from the situation and has little to do with his own daughter, GKids, etc... and just lets his bride work herself to death catering to their infantile supposedly adult breeder of a daughter.  My parents and that couple go on RV trips together periodically and invariably the wife attempts to end the trips early to rush home to address some non-crisis for their daughter.  The husband tells her to not let their RV door hit her on the ass on her way out and to call when she figures out how to get home to her job as the daughter's chore bitch.  My words, but his tactic. 

I truly hope for  your sake, your daughter's sake and your brides sake that she can gain clarity on letting her prior relationship breeding experiments sink or swim on their own as adults.  You nor your young daughter deserve this.

My parents gave me clarity on how it works regarding elder children Vs younger children when I was in my early teens.  I am 6 years the elder to my next youngest sibling.  I was having a teen boy brain fart episode when my dad took me on a walk for a man to PITA boy talk.  He told me ...."Son, you have had your turn at being (6-8-ish).  Now is your brother's turn and you will not be allowed to interfere in his turn to be the ages you have already been just as he will not be allowed to interfere in you being the age that you are."  Even through the fog of a PITA teen boy brain fart it made sense to me and it did give me clarity.

Try giving your bride the same talk.  Your SD's have already had their turn to be children and it is their job to raise their own spawn.    It is your daughter's turn and considering her special needs... mommy needs to extricate her head from her own ass and gain clarity.  That  your bride is prioritizing her adult daughters and your GSkids over her/your own young daughter is nauseating.  Bad

IMHO of course.

Good luck and take care of you and your baby girl.

And... Welcome by the way.  I hope that you find this to be a good place to vent, contribute and to pick up some usefly perspective and advice from others who are living the adventure of the blended family dream.

Bugsy6731's picture

Sorry for the late reply, Thank you soo much for your kind words. My sd's are little fucking babies. If I never stepped in our daughter with special needs would be walked on. Meaning, they would take her toys, her snacks, her moms attention. I always tell her, give our daughter the #1 attention not the brats. Thanks again. Loved your story. Glad he didn't put up with his sd's bs or his dw. 

Rags's picture

No worries on the reply horizon.  Just take care of you and your daughter.

I hope things are improving for you since your original post.

Bugsy6731's picture

Sorry for the late reply****