You are here

Fed up of my partner's daughter using my address...

Oldfool's picture

I reluctantly allowed my partner's daughter to use my adrees for correspondence. More fool me. She has run up DEBTS and the letters are coming to home. 

My partner knows I am fuming!!!!!

I intend to speak to speak to her about this issue in front of her father... 

I explained the situation to him and he agreed.  I do not want bailiffs to intimidate me in my own home over HER debts when her BRAT,  her worthless brother and she all HATE me and I HATE THEM..      

Oldfool's picture

Sorry I accidentally flagged a violation. Pressed wrong button sorry.

Great advice...

Thank you

This is my first blog and I don't want my partner to see what I am typing......no violation has occurred at all

Rags's picture

If she gets collection calls at your house... give them her actual address.

This crap pisses me off and I do what I can to get the collectors the information they need to do their job.... and torture the morons who won't pay their bills.  Diablo

The last house we purchased was nearly new and had been used as a rental for about 6mos before we bought it.  Once we closed and moved in the collection mail from bill collectors and attorneys started arriving and our answering maching would blow up from the collection calls. 

The prior residents were expecting delivery of some packages and had left their telephone and new address information... I actaully left that information as part of my answering machine greeting ... "If this is a collection call for XYZ they can be reached at the following number and address...." 

The former residents were livid with me as I also stamped their delivery packages for return.  Fortunately the house is in a gated community and I was able to get their gate card turned off... which pissed em off even more.

Old sm's picture

My SD did exactly the same thing; used our address and phone number for her bills so when she didn't pay them, the collectors called here. Unfortunately, our first names are very similar so when the collectors first started calling, I thought they were asking for me but I soon realized what SD had done.   So, I gave them her name, cell number, work number, temporary address (she moved around alot) and permanent address to her grandparents and THEIR  number too so the collectors could harass them.  After DH's parents got stuck in the middle, then things got straightened out, I assume. I don't know if they paid off all Sd's bills but the calls stopped here.

sammigirl's picture

Stop by the post office tomorrow and fill out a forwarding address form for all of her mail, including junk mail.

Exjuliemccoy's picture

This happened with my husband's youngest daughter after she ran away. The bills, collection notices, and junk mail piled up and multiple collection agents called daily, but my DH wouldn't do anything about it. I finally got fed up and started giving the agents the phone number and address of the guy she shacked up with. I suggest you do the same.

Merry's picture

Both SS and DD had bill collectors after them for a time. Both were off the deep end, and as much as I loved them I was not going to cover for them. I had NO problem giving out their actual phone numbers and addresses. If you don't have a real address for her, you can take the mail to the postoffice with instructions to return to sender.

pinkb's picture

My SS(22)'s debt mail continues to come to my home.  It irritates me to no end.  And, because my credit is related to my DH's credit and his credit is related to his kid's credit and his kid's credit is related to BM's credit now that crazy illegally-collecting-food-stamps's creditors are coming to my home as well (despite the fact that the woman has never even lived in our STATE!)

It makes my blood boil every time I go to the mailbox.

Powerfamily's picture

Tell her you are going to run a credit check on her name and your address to see exactly what debt of hers is registered at your address.  That's the only way you can see what debt she has at your address.

Her debt won't affect yours as in here in the UK the debt is the named person and not the address.

Oldfool's picture

Thanks for your response. ANOTHER letter came for yes2day. I gave it to my partner to give her. I WILL SPEAK TO HER AGAIN AND THEN RETURN ALL POST TO SENDER...   

I WILL look up how to do a credit check.....