You are here

The Evil Step-daughter Ghost From the Past!!

Not-the-mom's picture

I haven't been here for some time. Thankfully it is because things have been SO QUIET since not having to deal with skids!

So why are you writing you ask?

First my DH found out AFTER they moved that his son moved from Detroit area to
Chicago area. SS won't say when they moved. When my DH tried to call him and wish him a Happy Thanksgiving, he had to leave a message. As a reply to his call, my DH got a very short email that included "By the way, we moved to Chicago"! :?

When asked via email "When did this happen?" no response.

I tried to keep out of it as best I can, but with just the two of us in this small house - things come out.

We blew it off. No surprise, the SS and his new wife (who is a real piece of work) were always self-absorbed, this is just another example of it.

So what is bothering me??? We got a Photo Postcard Christmas Card from them. It has a HUGE photo of them on the front of the card, and a picture on the back. Not sure if SS's wife did it intentionally or not, but she placed her hand above her husband's waist so you can see the big three diamond engagement ring she was wearing. She was always into flashing that thing around.

We have a tradition of hanging up Christmas cards we receive. I was hoping I could stand to see her face and the ring - and/or ignore it - but it didn't work. I thought about drawing horns and fangs on her picture, but felt that was too immature. Wink I thought about putting it up backwards, but their photo is on the back also! Then I finally taped a piece of paper over her face and wrote on it "She who will not be seen" Blum 3

How do others deal with Photo Christmas cards they receive from their Skids? I am surprised just the sight of her is so distasteful to me. By now I should be over it, no? We don't see them or hear from them, so it surprised me I reacted this way.

Krispey Kreme's picture

Skids send Christmas cards? Actually, I think my SD41 does, to people she wants to impress. Maybe that's why none of us have ever received one from her. I don't send her one either, there's nothing she can do that would impress me-I know her too well. I don't think DH does anymore either. It's bad enough she only comes around now on gift occasions (to collect her gifts, not to give any). I wish she'd stay gone forever.

twopines's picture

I try to not look at it (I might turn to stone), and remind myself to be thankful it's only a photograph and not her live self in my living room.

forgotten wife's picture

^^^ Exactly this!! Be glad she's not there. Her ring is the best she can do. Afterall, she's married to your SS, right? She deserves yor pity.

sandye21's picture

If my SD sent a Christmas card wiht she and SIL's picture on it, it would be very hard not to add my own 'embellishments' but it would 'disappear' just after Christmas when the decorations came down, then would never be found again.

Not-the-mom's picture

Not sure why they sent us a Christmas card. Probably didn't want to be upstaged by his sister who sent us one. More of a strange competition thing between the two of them than anything else. That's why we think the older sister rushed to get married before her younger brother - despite our concerns. She couldn't have him get married before her! There are other things said by both skids that they don't seem to tolerate being "outdone" by anyone (especially each other). A sad (yet all too common) sibling rivalry thing they have going.! :O

Not-the-mom's picture

It seems those long Christmas letters that expound all the wonnnnderful, genius, over-achrieving activities of the family memebers, seems to be the senders way of validating their own place in the world and their hoped for being valued. The don't seem to be able to appreciate their own value and place in the world on their own, they have to pontificate to everyone about it. After all, it doesn't count unless everyone else sees it and appreciates it too! Blum 3

What gets me is when relatives include photos and bios about their PETS!!! I don't want to hear about some critters achievements through the year. What's up with that? I love our dog, but really don't see how anyone else wants to hear about him.