You are here

End of life starvation for Casey

20YearsAsAStep-Mom's picture

http://news.yahoo.com/judge-casey-kasem-fed-hydrated-173441847.html

well here it is. the loving daghter wants to start end of life starvation.

Newimprvmodel's picture

I was surprised to read this! Is she afraid that his money will be eaten up by the cost of his medical care if he lingers for months? Wow.......
And here his wife had him in the community in a friend's home, and suddenly he is on his way to the cemetery at his dsughter's hands?
Unbelievable....

LONGTIME SM's picture

Kerri had already stopped feeding him two days ago! She also is withholding medicine. Casey has been under her care for all of 7 days when she stopped nourishment fluids and medicine last Friday. Then the witch has the nerve to tell the press that she her brother sister and uncle have been taking turns sleeping in his room and staying with him round the clock and she wished jean would return to Washington to spend Casey's last few days with him!

Seems to me I read jean was summoned to appear back in California because of charges kerri brought. Doesn't appear that jean had a lot of choice whether she went back to California or not.

I'm no medical expert but it seems to me that starvation and refusing to hydrate a patient without the administration of medication would also be a painful way to go. They reported him as being alert just a day ago. I don't understand...........

LONGTIME SM's picture

Read the news reports I'm simply stating what was being reported. Yes I agree it is ridiculous to infer that I was saying that Kerri personally did this but by alll reports she is in charge of all medical decisions for her father at this time. :?

. I don't know if you have ever had to make those decisions regarding a loved one before echo but I have. And yes. The doctors recommend but the family member designated in charge makes the decision. In this case at this time that family member is kerri. It has been my experience that the doctors do not unilaterally make these decisions without the consent of the designated family member Which is why you designate a family member to make these decisions for you

If you don't like the news as reported by various sources please comment on those pages and refrain from slinging nastiness and name calling in my direction. That is all.

tabby yabba do's picture

I'm upfront with my bias (tend to believe a SM over a skid) but I agree with aswang. There's too many details that perfectly align with this being nothing more than a PASd skid all grown up and still battling the SM for no other reason than she's (skid) a self-entitled brat.

And Casey helped create that monster (Kerri)!through years and years of enabling (financially) so although his situation is tragic, he is NOT a victim in my eyes. We reap what we sow.

LONGTIME SM's picture

I'm a gossip monger? Really echo. You are the one insisting that the drs are making the call despite the fact that all the parties involved including the judge and attorneys are saying the opposite. All you have to do is read the ruling. Don't go accusing someone of doing what you are. I simply restated the latest CNN and API headlines and stories. That is not gossip mongering. But I suppose you know better cause you act like your the one in the hospital room not me. I will not be responding to any more of your personal attacks or name calling after this.

Pilgrim Soul's picture

Stepaside, not only do you tend to believe Kerri, you tend to identify with her.
It must remind you of your own situation with your dad and SM.

This transference tends to cloud one's judgment.

You can tell me that i identify with Jean... fair enough.

I am not her greatest fan, she does not seem very smart, but i can certainly relate to having high-conflict skids from hell who are being egged on by their BM and driven by their own sefish agenda.

LONGTIME SM's picture

I don't feel that I am blindly supporting jean. I was appalled that a 2007 health care directive that the spouse claims was fraudulently obtained was upheld over a 2011 directive that gave the wife this authority given that there was no evidence of mistreatment at that time.

Who knows what to believe? Lots of allegations are now flying. The allegations about a boyfriend and her telling kasey they were divorced we're made last year but are only now being picked up on because of the private investigator that Kerri hired and according to news reports he was hired to get jean arrested.

Given that Kerri's hires are doing everything possible to paint jean as an elder abuser in public opinion and to see her arrested could jean getting arrested increase Kerri's ability to fight for dads money -1/2 of the 80 million since California is a community property state.

Kerri denies doing nude photos but her behind in a thong is proudly on display all over the Internet and that's without having to search very hard. Kerri claims that the first family spoke to her father daily till jean ripped the phone out of his room. In other interviews she admits however that Casey hasn't been able to speak for awhile so was there any need for him to have a phone in the room? I also find it strange that their choice of phone would be a landline and not a portable phone or cell? Again if Casey can't speak would there be any need for a cell phone.

Keep in mind. Kerri has repeatedly stated she thinks that she and her siblings will recieve an irrevocable trust once dad passes. jean and her lawyers have stated repeatedly that the siblings get only a 2 million dollar life insurance policy. If Casey was only going to give the kids the proceeds of a life insurance policy there would be no need for an irrevocable trust. I wonder if an irrevocable trust was promised in the divorce papers. They divorced in 1980 though so I'm not sure if his fortune was made before or after his first divorce. I wonder who is feeling the truth here.

Either way based upon the discrepancies stated about who inherits what and kerris statements about wanting to ensure jean was arrested does not appear to indicate that the siblings from the first family do not care about the money. I predict them using the abuse allegations to go after the estate.

Newimprvmodel's picture

I had to chuckle at your comments about if Jean would have married Casey if he were poor as a church mouse. We have friends who divorced and the husband is marrying a woman 26 younger than himself! One gets the same feelings that you have looking at this couple's pics.. I should add that the woman he is marrying is the spitting image of his daughter. ????? Pics of the couple in Hong Kong .....nobu no less, Bali, venice .......and that was just this past year. Is he rich as Casey.. Not quite, but a CEO nonetheless. And yes his ex wife.....my friend....is sad......as she sits in her 2 million dollar condo. And I understand men marry young women to feel young again.. Something about that young flesh. Lol......
Btw.......at first his daughters were angry, but they are supporting their father and will be at the wedding. My friend is a classy chick.. I think a lot of our collective grief here comes from our dh's exes, who are NOT classy in the least..

Newimprvmodel's picture

But it sounds like your half brothers did not make your mom's life a living hell like so many of these step kids, mine included..
My ex is not remarried, but he has a significant other that I am on good terms with. When her mother passed away recently, I made sure to send a food basket to her and her children. My ex was glad to see his SO shown respect. Look, it benefits everyone to get along.. How could it not? Yes, people have their differences.......I do with my own family of origin.......but you suck it up and get over the resentments..
I do think in my friend's case, it is obvious that this woman is attracted to a very wealthy lifestyle, but who knows? Maybe there is love there. I do know that my friend will ensure that her daughters are respectful of this marriage. She is sad......she was actually 10 years older than her husband, the same one who now is marrying someone 26 years younger! So the wedding is this summer, and on the day of the wedding I am taking her for a spa weekend.. I think it will be a rough day for her..

Newimprvmodel's picture

And I just found out that my friend's ex is getting married in a Catholic Church. Hmmmmm. He was married for 25 years and has several children. Must have gotten the first marriage annulled. Now it makes sense of the anger of his children. My opinion of an annulment is that it is self serving in most cases, not all. Any opinions?

Orange County Ca's picture

Starvation and thirst is a valid way to commit suicide but the patient has to be cognizant of what s/he's doing for the medical community to co-operate. It's often better than letting a disease take its course.

Many a care-giver wished they could put a loved one out of their misery, some obviously have and a few of them have gone to jail knowing they did the right thing. And I'm sure a few greedy ones were mixed in all of those groups.

I'm betting that when Casey is aware, if he ever is, he's wishing they'd let him go.

SecondGeneration's picture

This whole situation is utterly disgusting and ultimately devastating.
It is circumstances like these that just highlight that evil basis in the human race; greed. This whole thing is simply about money, money and possibly some twisted daughter who has unsuccessfully dealt with her own issues with her father and step mother and now in his weakened state has made a move that instead of allowing her step mother those precious final moments with her beloved, instead becomes a big drama.
It happens time and time again, people in all walks of life freak out and become money grabbing little devils when someone has died. Then you have the truly heartless who see someone dying as an oppourtunity, you know the ones, who suddenly become carer to grandma in her final weeks and after she dies it comes out that actually they've been slowly draining the bank account.
Thats no different to here, just a bigger scale.

Death is natural yes, however the loss of someone is tragic. Without knowing all the details you can say ok well done daughter for stepping up if you believed father to not be being cared for properly, but stepping up in terms of raising inquiries into their healthcare and potentially moving them if circumstances were deemed inproper.
Not partitioning for responsibility and then using it to put the man in a slightly earlier grave, it really does make me sick.

The man is dying, now hes being robbed of the most simple comfort, of having his wife by his side and I for one hope that karma comes back and takes a chunk out of every single person that has supported this media feast with darkened intentions.

But as Dtzy said, lesson to be learnt from this, high conflict people cannot just "let things go and work together for a common goal" to them there always has to be a battle of control so if you are in a high conflict situation you need to get something legal in place that can prevent all this upheaval should it come to it.

Bottom line - it should never have been Kerri to make this decision. This will haunt Jean for the rest if her life. If would me, if my SD did something like this without my involvement.

Truly tragic for Jean and Casey.

Well I do not think Jean is a nutjob. I know full well what evil adult steps are capable of. Thank goodness mine don't have a lot of money.

I truly believe Jean was trying to do the best she can under the circumstances. She basically had one bad moment in the spotlight and her whole life and marriage are based on that???

I hope she regains her rights as his guardian and finds some peace for herself and their daughter.

Pilgrim Soul's picture

I could not agree more, 20years! I cannot imagine dealing with the likes of Kerri and Linda Naylor for 35 years. What would be a gracious response to those hate-mongering, self-promoting, has-beens and harridans? I am not Jean's greatest fan, but i do sympathize with her plight. For the record, i am a SD and a SM, so my biases could work either way.

The fact that Kerri took over in order to PUT her father TO DEATH will stay in people'e memory.
It does not matter what the detailed, nuanced reality is. Perception is everything. An adult daughter going to court to gain custody and then turning around and instituting end-of-life measures is so egregious, to shocking to the common man's - and woman's - conscience that it will not be easily forgotten. Casey Kasem may yet go down in history as modern-day King Lear. I hope the backlash against Jean's horrible skids will serve as a deterrent to the next generation of wannabe Cinderellas.

Anon2009's picture

I can't imagine that a judge would just give so much power to Kerri. Or that an EMT would just call adult protective services.

http://nypost.com/2014/05/15/radio-legend-casey-kasem-found-in-washingto...

"Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Daniel S. Murphy ordered adult protective services and court investigators to try to locate Kasem after an attorney for his wife told the court that the former “Top 40″ host was no longer in the United States but he did not know where he was."

Again, why would any judge worth their robe make a decision like that just to try to spite someone/solely support Kerri?

What I don't understand is that I read that he re-did that POA in 2011 stating Jean was to be in charge of his care and guardianship. Why is that not brought up? I don't understand why this newer document didn't supersede the one from 2007.

There are way too many conflicting versions regarding this family. Why is Kerrie slinging mud now???? This is NOT the time for that. She most certainly has an ulterior motive IMO.

This is REVENGE time for Kerrie - that's all I can see from her actions.

whatamess's picture

Well, he's gone. Maybe everyone can get some peace now. What I take from this whole, horrible situation is get iron clad paperwork in place before my DH and I ever get in this situation. May he rest in peace and may his remaining family get some peace now as well.