You are here

Doing Better - Got Some Info From Hubby but Have Some Doubts ---think he has been conned

shes driving me crazy in my retirement's picture

Since I last was here I was greatly helped by talkling things out and talking about PTSD.

Yesterday something came up and I took the opportunity to ask DH some serious questions after prefacing it with how I get all shaky and anxious just by hearing Twit etc.

He started telling me abaout how Twit's oldest babie about 36+ (the 400+ lber) is bipolar and that Twit is always worrying about him because he has trouble distingishing things that happen in his dreams from things that really happened.  Now, I know absolutely nothing about bipolar diseases except that one can go from being extremely depressed to being manic (I believe Patty Duke is/was bipolar).

I know that DH has said that this babie once told his mother he was going to die young.

And he talked a tad about Drunkie, who Twit claims has an antisocial disorder which supposed accounts for his inability to holdd a job (just like ole Mom Twit), had a serious drinking problem, etc.

I cautiously told him that seemed pretty extreme for one family and asked about what was going on early in their life.  My real goal is to get around to what the hell is wrong with Twit, but he can be a little too smart regarding that.

Anyone know anything about bipolar and these dreams?  I am starting to have some thoughts that are disturbing about this.

I mean all three babies have some serious problems.  Weight, drinking and the middle one is somewhat normal but something just isn't quite right.

2Tired4Drama's picture

I think several of us mentioned we thought it would be wise for you to discuss your anxiety issues with your MD.  You once said you briefly brought it up with your MD and I would urge you to do so again.    

You and your DH moved to get away from your SD, yet you say you continue to have severe reactions to mentions of her name.  However, you seem to look for ways to bring up issues related to her.  

After reading your posts for several years now, I say this is the most caring way possible:  Your fixation and reactions about your SD (even when she is not around) is not healthy.  Please talk to your MD again about this.   

SacrificialLamb's picture

I spent some time trying to figure out what is wrong with my OSD. How did she get that way?  I am a problem solver - maybe I was thinking I could fix her? I concluded she is either histrionic narcissist or a narcissistic histrionic. But over time I concluded it really didn't matter; it was my being my analytical self again. Unless she did not treat me in a civil manner and with respect, I just don't care.

This has been discussed before and I understand it too well.....the fact that you are still ruminating on her behavior might be an indicator of PTSD....something I am very familiar with. I don't feel I made headway until I went to see a therapist.  

So, in short, it doesn't matter what her problem is.  Your DH might be forthcoming about her issues, but it won't change anything.  What DOES matter is YOU feeling better and gaining some well-deserved peace at this stage of your life!

I don't think I got it across that what happens is that when I tell DH about feeling anxious etc. when Twit arises, he tells me about SOME of her problems, with her babies etc.  I feel that my plight is minimied because I am not bat sh*t crazy like she is, though I am being driven to it.

We have been in counseling back in the Midwest, and I have talked to my doctor and even been on meds to help me for awhile.  The core of the matter is that nothing changes when nothing changes and as long as that cretin can reach us for any reason, it is tough to heal.

Yes, I am aware she is far away and it isn't the mental reaction as much as the physiscal reaction of shaking or getting a queasy stomach.  I, too, actually know that I should not be reacting like this because I am somewhat rational (none of us is totall rational all the time) and can figure and think things through.

In all honesty I am starting to wish I never met my DH, never got involved in his family and their issues.  I just want peace, live my life with fun, joy and happiness, not to get queasy when I find a letter from Twit in the mail box, etc.

I have been strong all of my life but now, here in my Twilight years, am disappointed in myself at letting that Cretin affect me.  It is like being stalked or hearing that the convicted felon that assaulted you has been realeased.

DH doesn't seem to grasp it all knowing that I am a strong lady.  I so want to cry out to him that this Twit crazy and her messed up family had to com out of somewhere.  Twit didn't just happen in a vaccum.

I will say, in DH's defense that he has backed away form her quite a  bit but, unfortunately, he worries about her.  Even his other daughter has told him, right in front of me, to let her go because his dealing with her in anyway is doing him no good.

I moved hundreds and hundreds of miles away from what I thought was going to be my retirement area to where we are now for peace.

I am not getting it and I deserve it.

Harry's picture

If a catchall when people show certain thing.  Thinking dreams are real is one of them.  They dream something, like winning money,  three for four days later they actually think they won money, but can’t find it ?  Don’t know what happen to it.  So someone must of stole it from them. Then they get mad, that someone stole there money. And can get violent,  You can see them change from happy to angry in ten seconds.  

There is no cure for Bipolar.  There drugs to keep them carm so they look normal.  But these drugs make them fell funny and most likely not perform sexuality.  So they stop taking them. Becomes a bad cycle 

Well, I just called DD in the Midwest (Northern IL) and am going to visit her BY MYSELF for a few weeks.  Fall is beautiful up there now and I need to get back to my roots where I feel calm and safe.  DH wanted to go but I said no, just time for me and DD and her family.

Leaving on Tuesday and going to be away for about 3 weeks maybe longer.

sandye21's picture

So glad you are going ALONE to visit DD.  You may be worried about your DH, it is because you love him, but he is continuing to discuss Twit and sharing the load of everything that goes along with Twit upon your shoulders.  By doing this, DH is forcing 'residual exposure' to Twit upon you, thereby not allowing you to fully heal from her emotional abuse.  In fact, what DH is doing is a form of emotional abuse whether intended or not.  I am hoping that taking a vacation away from this sick dynamic will refresh you and renew your courage when you return home and for your own emotional and mental welfare, give DH the responsibility which truly is his alone to deal with. 

I have C-PSTD also and am seeing a therapist for it - and I have found that many patterns go way back to childhood 'training'  I have a hard time giving up on a situation even when it appears it is way beyond hope of any resolution.  I never truly gained my Mother's acceptance or commitment to me as her child but never gave up hope that one day she would change.  I am finally seeing that this might not be possible from a 93 year old woman.  As a result of this childhood 'training', I have experienced several instances where I just would not give up until I had no choice.  I kept kissing SD's butt and placating DH for 20 years because I just KNEW that eventually, (as in some unrealistic Hallmark movie), they would see that I was lovable and well intentioned.  The horse had been dead for decades! 

The first emotion you will feel when you finally give up is anger and grief over the death of a dream.  But you will also realize you are releasing sighs of relief.  I know you love DH, and you do not want him to suffer but the decision to remain in a state of suffering is his, not yours.  By removing yourself from all discussions of Twit, you might be actually doing DH a favor - he may be forced to take action on his own.

Sandye and others - a big Thank You.  I have started feeling like I was losing it.  I didn't feel that way when I was having to actual deal with Twit back there, but now, states away, I find myself shaking when just seeing her return address on a letter, or hearing her voice on a phone etc. makes my stomach start to flip (eventhough I sometimes just delete the messages and DH never hears them....that is my defense against a Twit invasion).

I never use to be like this about any one or any thing.  It is uncomforting, not disabilitating, but not normal for me.  Funny, I finally get away from her physically and she has me falling apart out here.  Well, not funny but you know what I mean.

Yep, fall is beautiful up there and there are a lot of festivals around there.  DD lives in a town that is outside of the hussle and bussle of the city.

Now to go find some fall weight clothes for up there...just enough to last me until DD and I can go shopping.

Rags's picture

There always seems to be excuses... err.... reasons for toxic behaviors.  The toxic nearly always have endless "justifications" for their toxicity and demand that everyone else accept their chosen toxic behaviors.

I for one don't give a flying Rat's F- - - why they do what they do. I care only that they do it.  They can either make a different choice around me or ... get called on their toxic choices.

I do not have the emotional bandwidth to delve into the seemingly infinite bullshit "reasons".  Focusing on the behaviors saves me that personal emotional upheaval and mitigates much of my personal pain when addressing life's issues.

Don't invest in researching this latest round of Twit bullshit unless you feel it is important.  At least that is my recommendation.

Take care of you.

Thanks Rags.  You know I am strong,but we all have our breaking point.  And this carp does wear us down.

Focused_onourlife's picture

SDM YOU will not be able to understand crazy because you are not crazy. Please steer clear from Twits crazy ass, she will never come to terms that your DH loves another woman, YOU! I empathize with your trying to understand Twits psych because like you, i am a fixer but you can't fix what you didn't break. She doesn't want your empathy, she wants you gone. Please take care of yourself and enjoy your DD, who loves you back!!!

Well, all packed and ready to head up North.  DH isn't real happy but to bad.  I need some peace and space to heal without feeling that I have to be on consant alert.

I also have been thinking.  Yes, I guess I do want to know what specifically went wrong so I can deal with it logically.  If I knew I could figure out how to deal with it.  But then crazy isn't logic and can't be pigeon holed that way, so that will never happen.

And as one of you stated, I don't understand crazy because I am not.  There is a lot too that.

DD is great.  Raised a strong daughter and, as she said when I called, I raised her and got her through a lot of stuff and kept her on the right and narrow, it's time for her to help me deal with this in my  old age.

DD likes, loves DH, but she thinks he is wrong in how he deals with Twit.  But, smartly, she stays out of it though she has told him about Twit's terrible actions towards me when she sees them first hand.

Some peace, quiet, and fun will help get me out of this rut so I can look for a PTSD helper.  Though it seems strange becaues one tends to associate that with people that have witnessed and been in wars.

Love at you all.

Rags's picture

Constantly dealing with toxic prior relationship spawn is its own little war. 

Don't discout what you have gone through.  Get the  help you need.

Take care of you.  Enjoy  your DD time.

notasm3's picture

I know how you feel.  It is crazy making to have such a gut level almost panic attack over the thought of having minimal contact with one's abuser when you know how strong you have always been.  I'm in my early 70s and sometimes I look back in amazement at the challenges I met and conquered in life.

Yet I was just brought to my knees last summer at the thought of being near my SS and his GF at a family event just a few months after their home invasion.   I'm doing much better now that another year has passed - but I just wanted to crawl in a hole and not come out in July 2017.  I just felt so VIOLATED after they moved into our home, slept in our bed, ate our food, drank or stole gallons of liquor, and went through my most personal possessions.   I felt like an assault victim.  

My reaction was not calm and logical.  I liken it to when someone has a true phobia about say being on a high floor or being in an elevator.  It's not logical and rational - but it just IS.

What has helped me immensely is that I have had ZERO contact with SS or the GF.  I literally have not uttered his name.  Fortunately he did not show up to that family event - but by that time I'd already skipped a day of activities and gone late to the last day. 

My DH has not been perfect, but he probably gets a B+ or even an A-.  I'd give him a full A if he hadn't tried to get me to buy my new car where SS works.  Heck no - he wasn't getting any money in his pocket off of something that I bought.  Plus I hate that dealership - they are very sleezy.  I think DH thought he'd just go take care of it without me.

But DH knows how egregious their behavior was, and that I am DONE.  DH only occasionally will mention his name in saying something like where he is going.   I am not doing it on purpose, but I know that when I hear his name I have a look of utter revulsion on my face.   I do not limit my DH's visits to his son.  But DH always seems to arrange it for when I have something else to do.  It's never interfered with our plans.

I am glad you  are going to have a good visit with your daughter.  I know you will feel so much better.  But it is time to let your DH know that Twit needs to be 100% out of your life.  He needs to arrange an alternate address for any mail.  And he needs to NEVER mention her name to you nor pass any info about the "babies".  He's not going to have a good time while you're gone so he should understand that you don't HAVE to come back if he can't stop the Twit crud.