You are here

dogs natural behaviors vs skids unnatural behavior (vent)

dodgegal05's picture

Fdh is pissing me off today. We were discussing what to fill a recently dug hole with. I suggested quikcrete as it would fix the issue permanently. He gets all huffy bc its a yard and.concrete doesn't belong in the yard. Well neither does kennel panels, but we have a dog pen nonetheless in the YARD. I say my idea is more permanent and if we use dirt they'll dig again. He says well if we get rid of them we won't have an issue. I have had to deal with his ungrateful rude adult skids and the only thing I truly enjoy anymore is my dogs. He acts like their natural behavior is unacveptable, yet he accepts the entitled rude star behavior from the skids. I told him then we'll get rid of them (i don't mean it at all), he says nothing. Ofcourse in my head I added "ill leave with them" to the statement. Why are men so oblivious to our feelings?
Oh and to top it off some riders (on horseback) went by today and mention that it looks fun. He says, "well I don't which horses they rode or how many are ridable." We used to go riding all the time. We havent rode in 6 months or more. We don't do anything anymore. I'm just annoyed and hurt. Needed to vent b4 I go crazy.

Madam Hedgehog's picture

yeah, the pet-skids analogy is a recipe for explosion every time. i'm sorry to hear about your situation. without much to go on, it sounds like your DH is pissed at his kids and taking it out on the dogs. the dogs have become "the last straw" because he won't control his kids' behavior. the problem with that is you can get rid of the dogs, and he'll just find something else to be angry about because he's actually upset about his kids and doing absolutely nothing to fix that situation.

dodgegal05's picture

Thanks. My dogs are my kids and I am very protective of them. The dogs will never leave without me with them. If they were gone I don't what I'd do.

dodgegal05's picture

I feel like saying "well we could just use dirt with the skids, that'll solve the issue." When the skids behave badly. Concrete would be even more permanent... }:)

forever2's picture

It is hurtful when they are stupid enough to complain about our pets because it reveals that they have absolutely no idea how miserable it is to try to coexist with their little brats. No ----- idea. None! If they had a clue, they would encourage us to keep goats and pigs in the house if it made us happy. That would level the injustice a bit. I figure if my BF gave me a massage everyday, caterered dinners from my favorite restaurants and had a constant supply of flowers coming for me, that may begin to tell me that he is aware of what I go thru for his baggage. But no, of course not. I deal with complete constant upheaval in my life because of his ex and her kid, and god forbid that my old cat misses the litter pan or has a hairball (my cat who was my faithful companion 10 years before he even came around). I can't even count how many time I told him that I will get rid of my cat when he gets rid of his offspring. He doesn't hear, doesn't get it, remains clueless. What morons these men.