You are here

DH's daughter arrived last evening - Boy, did she give me an earful

shes driving me crazy in my retirement's picture

about Twit!

After the hugs etc., we went to dinner and back to our place. SD#1 pulled me over and said "well, you got Twit's number and can't deal with her either". That I shouldn't feel bad because no one else can or wants to deal with her either except DH. She believes he feels sorry for her. She asked if I had been the victim of Twit doing something nasty and cruel to me and then, when called on it, ran to DH crying about how I was so terrible; how she loves to play the victim. That it is her way of trying to hide what she really is. That is her mode of operandus, how she operates and, SD#1 says that she has gotten away with it for years. That I should not believe a word that comes out of her mouth because she lies about everything and anything.

The affirmation from SD1 was well appreciated. I don't doubt myself and what I have been through with Twit, but affirmation is always nice.

Sunday Twit called and DH answered (why I do not know). Oh she is so alone for Thanksgiving. Seems Drunkie is now in intensive therapy (whatever that is) and, according to her, the reason he has problems with alcohol etc. is because when he has a job he gets nervous so he drinks afterwards.

What a crock! Even DH said so. People that can't deal with things like that generally drink BEFORE going to work or whatever it is that causes them anxiety; not after.

Secondly, as I mentioned to DH, how would she know what he is saying to this counselor? I doubt the counselor would tell her. What I didn't say is there probably is a reason and Twit doesn't want to face it, face that it is her and her family. Remember Twit IS perfect (only in her own mind).

But, the one that had DH shaking his head was that Twit now has another dog. She claims it is a therapy dog for Drunkie. When DH asked if he walks it or feeds it she said no. I figure therapy dogs/animals are the big thing right now so Twit has to jump on that train.

All I know is that I am glad I am miles and miles away from crazyville and looking forward to a wonderful holiday. SD#1 and I are going shopping today leaving the guys at our place.

Morning DownsouthinTX - Oh, the dog is not a trained therapy dog. Just a dog she claims was abused and someone gave her. As I say, she is the biggest BSer of all times. Unless a dog is trained as a therapy dog it is just a pet. But Twit has to BRAG.

Something just occurred to me after I wrote that post. It is concerning Twit's talking about Drunkie being in intense counseling and that his problem is that he drinks at home and after work because he has anxiety about working with people.

Umm, my guess is that is not true, for the reason I mentioned above. And just watch, Drunkie will shortly be out of counseling because the one thing Twit doesn't want known is just how crazy her family is. She doesn't want the truth known that she is responsible.

FWIW, I have never seen any of the "babies" have girlfriends when in high school among other things. But it is not for me to try to figure out. Just to stay away from crazy.

clark6292's picture

Yes! Stay away from crazy. Also, listen attentively to SD #1 but don't confide in her like you would with a close personal friend. These SDs can turn on us at worst possible moments. With all the crazy in that family I would not trust anyone but DH with your deepest disregard for other family members (and maybe not even him.) I am happy to hear someone feel vindicated on this site!

CANYOUHELP's picture

I agree with Clark, even though you may think you are on the same page now with this SD, the page could turn very quickly, and right on you!

It is too easy to blame the SM for breathing, lol.

Thanks for the warning ladies. No way, no how, under no circumstances would I ever let any of that family members know what I feel or think. I know how gossip trains work.

That is why I only confide in my BFF (we go all the way back to 3rd grade) who is a retired profiler for the FBI (boy did she give me a heads up on Twit when I finally did talk to her about it), and of course here on the board.

DH does well but Twit can still, at times, pull at his heart strings...hey, its his daughter.

Stepdrama11's picture

ABSOLUTELY Agree. Do not trust. Do not confide. Everything you say can and will be used against you.

sandye21's picture

Glad to hear that SD validated your feelings and experiences with Twit. When dealing with crazy people it seems to take forever but eventually we find that we were not imagining things. I would also be leery about sharing too much info about Twit with SD but she seems like a nice lady. Have fun with her and keep the conversation about something other than Twit.

Friends, if I told you what my BFF (the retired FBI profiler) told me about her and how her kind works etc., it would make the hair on the back of your neck rise. AS my BFF says, trust your gut...if something seems wrong it usually is.

I can tell you that I have been the victim of that trait that SD#1 talked about many a time. It caused a lot of problems between DH and me and, quite frankly, things are not what they were before that carp with Twit happened.