You are here

DH'S BIRTHDAY !!!!

Lady's picture

My DH birthday was a week ago. My D and her DH was invited to come alone with us to celebrate DH birthday. Here we go.... Sk's told DH we want to take you out for your birthday. DH says well we have already made plans . SK's ... WHAT!!!!WTH!!! DAD its not right that you go out with your wifey and her kid (D is 28) . SK's told him well since you put them first guess there wont be no celebrating your birthday. DH said well you could all come with us out to eat but there will be no eye rolling and no snubbing and no sitting at the very end of the table acting like you dont want to sit by my SD and her DH. .Guess what they didnt come LOL. and they wouldnt pick another day to celebrate DH birthday..Good Grief.. I sure am smiling . We had a blast that night. Smile

Pilgrim Soul's picture

They do not want to.help him celebrate, they want control. If they can't control him, they are not.interested.
Good for your husband for standing up to them!

Disillusioned's picture

Can't believe they actually thought their dad would chose to celebrate his birthday dinner with them, instead of his own wife! And then to turn down joining everyone in celebrating their father's birthday? :? :? :?

Clearly they think they are the be all and end all

Orange County Ca's picture

Further evidence of children who thought the world revolved around them. We've got a country full of them it seems.

Rags's picture

I applaud your DH. He understands basic courtesy and does not tolerate toxic bullshit even from his own spawn.

I hope he had a great birthday.