You are here

Dh being put on speaker phone when talking to his daughter.

Keepsmiling's picture

Ysd daughter called dh last night to see when his surgery is being scheduled. (he has been diagnosed with lung cancer). Dh realized he was on speaker phone. It made him angry and really pissed me off. Ysd has alienated herself and her spouse from us. The only reason she calls is because of his illness. I think it is disrespectful and rude. I did not say anything. Oh how I dread ysd coming around again.

TASHA1983's picture

My BF's ex also does this whenever there is a phone conversation that involves skid. BF NEVER answers phone calls from BM, they go straight to vmail and she will get a text reply back if necessary, BF only replies to text messages that HE deems worthy of answering. As it should be.
But once in a blue moon he does have to talk to the kid on the phone and like clockwork whenever he has to sure as shit skid is on speaker phone and BM's nosey ass is right there listening to every word and interjecting whatever say has/wants to say whenever she feels like it. BF never wants to talk to his ex EVER. He will ONLY talk to his kid. But when/if he ever has to mince words with the douche he puts her on speaker phone so I can hear everything.

Kilgore SMom's picture

Your SD is grown right? I put my phone on speaker all the time. Mostly because if I touch my chin to the front it hangs up on who ever I'm talking to. DH being on speaker may not have had anything to do with someone else listening she could have been cleaning house. I do that to. JS

But I can say that when BM is calling and screaming and is on one of her drugs binges. DH puts it on speaker because he wants a witness to BM crazy. LOL. DH also monitors what gets said to SS.

Keepsmiling's picture

Thanks for the concern and responses. My dh is scheduled for surgery. They are going to remove his upper lobe. The doctor said probably stage 2 and that he will know for sure after the surgery.

Keepsmiling's picture

My dh got off the phone quickly. He asked me what I would do if one of my adult kids put me on speaker. lol Loaded question. What I would do is do you have me on speaker and why? Ysd knew what she was doing..wanted her spouse to hear conversation.