You are here

DH and I Attended a Local Auction Friday Nite and Guess Who Was There???? TWIT!

shes driving me crazy in my retirement's picture

It's been quiet since DH came out of the hospital. Twit called once and I took a message, but I don't think DH ever called her back. Not that I care. All I cared was that Twit stayed away from my door.

Anyway, here I am checking some stuff out and she sliddles next to me. She was pleasant and I was polite but that was it. DH talked to her and I talked to Twit's hubby. He told me he made it clear to Twit that she needs to stop this stuff against me, I hadn't done anything to her to deserve it, and pointed out what happened with my DH. I thanks him for his common sense in the matter.

Usually we will spend a couple of hours at an evening auction, but it seems once Twit shows, DH stuck around for awhile and then wanted to leave. I think he may still be pizzed with her but I ain't gonna ask.....not my business.

She may have gone too far with the last attack at me.

And, yes, my curiosity gets up, but then I shrug my shoulders and think who the heck cares what Twit does/thinks etc. as long as she doesn't upset my husband or me.

Thanks Forest. Had to chuckle to my self....here is Twit wearing a scoop neck tee with the Pampered Chef logo in sparklies on it. Actually, that is all I have ever seen her wear is those tops with the logo on it....a walking billboard for the product non-stop. Honestly, she has no class.

That's Twit....always selling. One more reason she has no real friends.....people run when they see her because they get tired of being pushed to have a party or buy.

Heck, at the auction she even had the audacity to go out to her car to get her Daddy a catalog with new spring items in it (this was unsolicited of course). Heck, I prefer Williams-Sonoma and things there. Also, WS gives me free shipping at times, or has a policy that after a certain $$ you get free shipping.

Yup, I guess it went through. My daughter and I got flyers after the party date informing us we still had time to order for the bride. Can you imagine! I rather suspect that the letter she sent me after that, the one DH openned and got pizzed off about, might have been because I didn't buy something and my daughter didn't either. But we barely know the girl. We aren't going to the wedding....weren't invited and wouldn't expect to be.

As for the PC tee shirts. She wears them all the time....advertising and I guess, from what she brags, she writes them off as uniform expenses or something. Twit is a real jerk. I guess the company also offers purses etc. and, yep, that's all she uses as well. The woman is a walking advertisement. The few times I have been out with them it is actually embarrasing, IMO.

What's next.....a neon sign in front of her house? Honestly. I bet she is taking the mileage to that auction as a business expense since she gave DH a catalog because she marked it down in her day planner.

IMO, there are real business expenses and there are bogus ones or manufactured ones. I, as a CPA, certainly hope the IRS catches up with her because I can tell you that they will disallow a lot of what she claims...like driving 30 miles one way just to "drop off a catalog".

Orange County Ca's picture

Wow HER husband told her to knock it off. I'm not aware of what happened but it must have been bad to get his attention. Hopefully this is a turning point I'm glad you continued to act like an adult.

OC, after one of Twit's attacks at me, DH was really pizzed. He was so upset in trying to deal with her (she wouldn't answer her door or her phone as she had gone too far) he ended up having chest pains and going into the hospital for a few days.

I contacted Twit's hubby at his work and set up a meeting to talk to him, sans Twit, about the matter. Told him this is a result of her nastiness and it has to stop.

OC, Twit's husband has told her on more than once that she is out of line in the way she acts and attacks me, that I am not her enemy. Heck, he has even apologized to me himself for Twit's behavior towards me. He agreed, she needs to be stopped.

As you say, I certainly hope this episode with her father's health gets through her thick head. Time will tell.

It is getting easier, but my knee jerk reaction is to get teed, until common sense starts in. Let's face it, she is going to be a perennial pain in the tush.

Looked into selling the house and moving, but this is not a good time unless I want to take a loss and I don't want to do that.

Hi catmom - That is pretty much what I do. Not react to her when she pulls the stuff and vent it out here. Same with dealing with DH when he would start on me about giving her another chance, I need to be more adult....the stuff we all hear. I just let him talk, murmer ummm, or some such meaningless comment (eventhough at times I want to scream to stop it) and then post here.

You, and all the good folks on this board are great. But then we are a community.

Towanda's picture

You two are doing great! So glad you posted because I was worried how you and hubby were doing with the recent heart scare and all!

Thanks Towanda. Sigh, if we were only further away from Twit life would be grand.

Twit's a loser, what can I say. Her friends are her team of people that she has recruited to sell for her. Pretty pathetic. And, on more than one occasion I have her her refer to them as losers, jerks, etc. when they quit or don't produce enough...of course not to their faces.

USER big time comes to mind. I would imagine I might be her BFF if I gave parties, bought the stuff etc. But I don't. I know that, and have known it for a long time that that tees Twit off. She use to tell me so.

FWIW, I guess she is going with PC to Las Vegas this week and, you guessed it, asked DH if he would watch the dogs. DH told her NO. We would not be running back and forth between her house and ours to dog sit and we couldn't handle her dogs at our place for any extended period of time. We have a wonderful dog and Twit never dog sits for us. The one time DH asked her to watch our dog for a few hours she was too busy. He never asked her again. That was before we did dog sit for her this summer/fall. DH told her to kennel them or find someone else.

I think DH might be finding out that with family,you can still care about them (don't wish them ill, still love them, etc) BUT you don't have to like them or what they pull.

I am sure he is going to pay for saying no to Twit.....or maybe her hubby will get through to her.

Forest, you crack me up with the egg beater comment, but how true. In fact, she could even figure out some way to write it off I'm certain. The fact is Twit is cheap and certainly not generous.

DH isn't up to dog sitting, running back and forth to her house to take care of the pooches (she's about 9 miles away). Besides, WE have lives to live as well as she does (remembering the time we puppy sat for her and she was suppose to be back between 2-3 p.m. Well, she shows up after 5 with the pathetic excuse that the women she rode with wanted to do some shopping so that is why she was late! Besides, Twit further said that we had nothing else to do! Well we did. DH and I take a swimming excercise class at 4 and we missed it. When I told Twit we missed our class, her response was....oh well, it didn't cost us anything as we are senior citizens!!!!! She never did respond when I asked her why she didn't call us that she was going to be late .... she does have a cell phone.

Besides, as he told me, she has some learning to do. I don't ask questions or comment unnecessarily but I am insightful enough to put together what he means and what was going on.

BTW, she has 2 adult sons living at home but she said she didn't want to bother them with taking care of the pooches since they work 2nd shift. She doesn't want to bother her "babies" (yep, that's what she calls them) with the dogs. Too darn bad. Twit had better find a kennel or impose upon her adult sons rather than us.

Amber Miller's picture

I can't believe her "babies" live at home and can't feed and walk a dog. Unbelievable. It's great that you and your DH take a pool exercise class; its so fun and very good for you. I have a rare auto-immune disease and I'm in a lot of pain and very weak; I do better when I exercise in the pool. I just think its a great activity for anyone and how fun to do it with your DH. It's so rude for her to say you have nothing to do so you can sit at her house without even a phone call to ask if she can be late. I would never treat my parents like that. They help with my kids. This is just further evidence that she is a narcissist and only cares about herself. I'm happy that DH refused to dog-sit. He needs to rest. What a selfish piece of work. Perhaps she can board her dogs and write if off as a business expense. She can get special pampered chef dog collars. If she had a cat, I would suggest a PC litter box.

Love it, expecially the PC dog collars. The telling thing here is that she refers to her adult children as her "babies". One just got out of the Marines so these are not teenagers etc., but adults. She doesn't want to inconvenience them, but has no problem wanting to inconvenience us....well her Father as I sure in the heck wouldn't travel back and forth. And I certainly am not going to put up with her dogs for days while she is out having a good time.

Twit is CHEAP. As a CPA I know that you cannot take off the cost of kenneling dogs as a business expense and her tax advisor probably told her that too. Hence she is looking for freebies again.

Frankly, DH just isn't up to all that running around.

Oh, I left this off and wanted to post it. At the auction when Twit found me, one of the things she commented on was the jewelry I have for sale in my antique shop. She started talking about how I must not understand what inheritance means. As I walked away without responding, but a big smile (cause I was being polite) I thought: You bet I know what inheritance means...and you aren't getting any from me.

From what her husband said, they had just come down from the mall, they have a booth there too. She must have checked out my case and probably had a real awakening when she saw jewelry that she would have liked up for sale....and I didn't give it to her. IMAGINE!!!

I am liquidating some of the jewelry I inherited that I don't wear and my own DD doesn't want. In the past I would offer it to Twit if she wanted it. Nope, no more. She gets nadda from me.

So I am certain that she is pizzed at seeing the stuff for sale when in the past she might have had a chance at certain pieces.

Too bad, so sad Twit. Treat me bad, give me carpy gifts to show your disdain, cause trouble and then you expect me to give you nice things? Heck no.

I am proud that didn't get under my skin at he time. I am also happy I didn't let her conversation get started on it because then I might have gotten snarky, which would have defeated my purpose of disengaging and acting like an adult.

Bet she is doing a burn. In fact, that is a sure bet.

20YearsAsAStep-Mom's picture

Good one! Good for you. She is finally starting to understand I think, that she shits in her own backyard, it starts to stink after a while. Too little, too late for her though.

What a twit, LOL.

Yes, can you imagine her mindset when she saw the stuff up for sale? Would have loved to be a fly on the wall, so to speak.

Is she starting to understand? I doubt it. At the same time she said this, she also tried to get her father to dog sit for her so she wouldn't have to trouble her "babies", her adult boys who live at home. By adult I mean 22 and 25. And she is far too cheap to want to kennel them.

Boy was she on a loser that night. DH told her no, he was not going to run down to her place several times a day to let the dogs out, feed them, etc. That gas was too expensive (DH has this thing about the high price of gas these days. Also, that cheap Twit would never consider or thing to offer to pay for gas) and he wasn't up to having the dogs around our house for the period. He actually suggested she kennel them. Bet she didn't like that. She is a taker. I've disengaged and I know, just from his actions, that DH has had his fill. Usually DH would do it so I imagine she was pretty shocked at his refusal. Probably can't understand what is going on and why we are being so mean to her.

Amber Miller's picture

I can't believe the audacity of this woman. She stated that you don't know what "inheritance" means? That is absolutely outrageous coming from someone who doesn't know what " class" means. What is it with these spoiled, entitled SD's? You must have felt so good smiling and walking away without engaging her. I would love for DH's little princess to say something like that to me. I could just see myself in your shoes, I probably would've stood there speechless with my mouth wide open. Perhaps you should've told her that you'd be happy to swap her a pair of earrings for some PC measuring spoons so you could measure the amount of garbage that comes out of her mouth. It sounds like she thinks you're required to shower her with gifts despite the horrible behavior she's exhibited towards you. You get filthy napkins for Xmas and she's talking about inheritance? What is really outrageous is the comment implying that you don't know the basic definition of the word "inheritance" like you're some sort of illiterate idiot that hasn't mastered the English language. Sounds like it's never a dull day when Twit-tastic is around. What a joke.

bi's picture

i would have told her that my daughter isn't interested in the jewelry, so i'm selling it rather than give it to someone who doesn't want it. it's simple, it's factual, and it lets her know that you owe her nothing and do not consider her to be someone who can inherit YOUR things without coming right out and saying it.

Amber Miller's picture

And what kind of inheritance is she planning on leaving for her kids? A set of PC mixing bowls?

Oh, she wants the stuff alright. She considers it her due, her right. Why, I haven't a clue. Prior to disengaging I use to treat all kids the same. No more. AND, you can bet she is having a tizzy because her brother and sister got gifts from me for Christmas. They are nice to both DH and me and, actually, always send something.....a bag of Starbucks, etc. Nothing extravagant, just rememberances of us that aren't trash Twit couldn't even unload at her many garage sales.

Twit has definately learned this year that she is the odd man out as far as I am concerned.

I have a sneaky suspicion that instead of looking at why her father and I have backed off, she will continue to go balastics and blame us.....me in particular. Usually what she does is blame me for things her father has done or said. She seems to have a BIG problem with who does what where I am concerned.

forgotten wife's picture

that girl has some chutzpah!

tell her, inheritance is when someone leaves something of value, after they pass on, to SOMEONE THEY LOVE!!

maybe, THEN, she'll understand.

You guys are GREAT! I did the right thing by not responding at the time, but now I can play with what I might have said done. This way it doesn't start any problems.

I should have told her that if she wantd any of the jewelry she could BUY it....after all I am running a business not a charity. (That is what Twit told DH when he was shocked when she gave him the bill for something he thought she was giving him). Of course as dense as she is that would probably go right over the top of her pointed head.

He he, the birds are coming home to roost for Twit. I bet you that it isn't too long before she has DH on the phone asking about the pieces she wants. Some things are just so predictable.

Twit is probably stunned.....first no Christmas presents from moi, now the jewelry my daughter doesn't care for and I don't wear is for sale and she hasn't been offered it. All I can say is...Twit, times have changed. You treat me bad you get NOTHING, I owe you NOTHING.

I do wonder what DH is going to say when she brings this topic up, and she will.

Amber Miller's picture

Isn't there a country singer called Conway Twitty? Just curious. I just have that name in my head.

Hi NoDoormat. Yep, this is the grown woman that fed us frozen pizza for Christmas dinner and then pretty much threw us out of the house. This is also the Twit that didn't invite her father to a family get together that he found out about accidently when he stopped by to drop something off at her house and every one was in the backyard. He felt hurt about that one as well. He was the only one in the family not invited to that so it was pretty obvious when he stumbled on it.

NoDoormat - I have 3 adult SK's. Twit is the middle one and the only one that is a problem. DH and I get along just fine with the others. And my DD adores my DH and treats him like a father.

Twit is the only sicko in the bunch. Quite frankly, she can scare the begesus out of me as she is extremely cruel, malicious and vindictive.

Delilah's picture

Bloody hell :jawdrop: She's unbelievable and I can't stand her from the things you have said.

Hugs to you and DH. She should be helping you and DH out (esp given her dad has been ill - all caused by HER) not figuring out her next strategy of attack and gluttony. She should be ashamed of herself.

Have you mentioned twits remarks re: inheritance and jewellery to DH? I may just casually drop in your sadness and inappropriateness about the above and how you wanted to give DH a heads up (as you ARE selling these items) and you are guessing she will contact him about this. Hand twit the nails to seal her coffin with DH, by pointing this gently out to DH it WILL reinforce your message that twit is money grabbing and hopefully kindly teach DH to put his walls up as protection against the using and abusing twit is good at when it comes to you and DH.

Hi Delilah - Oh I agree. But I don't think Twit has a conscience (sp?). She doesn't seem to care what she does to others or how her actions affect them. BUT, she sure can get offended, hurt, cry, etc. when she perceives a slight whether real or not.

Actually, it is nicer in life since I disengaged because I am no longer concerned if something said, just in the course of things, something general that most people wouldn't think twice about much less consider offensive, is going to set Twit off on a snit and have her storm out of the room, the house, call her father and moan about me, etc. Drama queen to the nth degree.

Hi again NoDoormat. The words your SD used, "play nice" say it all. She evidently is not taking it serious. IMO, but I am no expert, stay disengaged. I think that if SK's are really interested in trying to have an relationship with you they will be the ones to try to fix it, but, as in my case, don't hold your breath.

You know, I use to, before disengaging, feel bad about things with Twit and try to fix them. In the past it would have been hard not to buy gift for Twit or give her what she wanted, but no more. It doesn't bother me at all that she is "hurt" or whatever it is she feels becaue I just don't give a ratz arse any more. Enough is enough. Oh, I am not naieve enough to think Twit is finished with me, with us. My guess is right now she is feeling put out, hurt, etc., but once she gets over that....and it won't take long, mind you.....she will be after me with a vengence.

In fact, Twit is probably shell shocked due to the recent interactions with us. She is finding she has no pull, no power. That will probably drive her nutz.