You are here

DD going down same road?

steppedonstep's picture

This is a little off topic for the Adult Step forum, but I am best acquainted with you SMs, so hope its OK. My DD has been married 5 1/2 years and its been rocky. I found out tonight she told her DH to shape up or else. She has seen an attorney. Her DH has untreated emotional issues and drug dependency. I don't see much hope for the marriage and not sure it should be saved. I feel badly for her for many reasons, one of which is her DH has put off having children and now says he doesn't want any. She is 33 with some reproductive problems. We have moved to an area where people marry younger and if she divorces, I envision her dating and eventually marrying a man with children. She and my SD were adults when my DH and I married, and I didn't foresee any problems with SD, but some of you know my story. Anyway, I feel bad if DD ends up with skids. She will have a long road ahead of her.

Kes's picture

You are trying to cross your bridges before they are even in view. Who knows what will happen in DD's life? She isn't even separated yet, and you are imagining her in an unsuccessful relationship with SKIDs.

If there is one thing that life has taught me (I am in my 50s) it is to expect the unexpected. We all like to think we are in control of our lives, but a lot of stuff happens, and we are just along for the ride. Just try and be there for your daughter, whatever happens in her life.

steppedonstep's picture

Thanks everyone! Its a new day and I feel much better after reading your comments. I appreciate your support.