You are here

Counselling two years after

steponmeagain's picture

Had to laugh a bit as I have a friend who is going through a very rough step situation so I suggested to him to go to marriage counselling.  He told me its only part of his problems.  I told him its his complete problem as his SS 30 keeps moving home without a job.  Anyways, I tell my wife this and she says, yeah marriage counselling, that was good for us.  She agreed with me on everything.  I laughed and said really, we both agreed to what she suggested, I would be more empathic for your situation with your son and you would agree that he moves out in 2 months which he didn't.  Suddenly she says, I don't want to talk about it. Too funny.  I suppose parents have rose colored glasses in these situations and hear only what they want to hear from a third party.

steponmeagain's picture

Its all about validation.  I even had her pick the counsellor to make sure it would be an open forum.  I was open to change but he had to move out.  She made an excuse for him at the last minute and he stayed another 5 months until she kicked him out for his actions towards her.

Rags's picture

That sounds like my XW.  I found a marriage counselor with the intent of addressing the lack of intimacy in our marriage.  The Doc put us through 6mo process through weekly sessions.  We talked about me and my family relationships, my XW and her family relationships, we talked about anythign and everythign but the lack of intimacy in our marriage.

Then 6mos after we started counseling we went in for our weekly session and the Doc said "Now we will start discussing the intimacy issues and lack of sex in your marriage."  My XW stood up, announced "I don't have a problem with sex!" and marched out of session never to return.  I kept going for 3-4 more months.

XW didn't lie.  She didn;t have a problem with sex. The cavern crotched adulterous whore had been shopping the pooty to ever swinging Johnson she could get hold of before we had even gotten married.  Unbeknownst to me.  She moved out 2mos after walking out of therapy.  She was pregnant with her cheat partner of the moment.  It couldn;t have been mine unless it was the second immaculate conception.

It's funny how people don't like talking about exactly the things they should be talking about in therapy.    Scratch one-s head