You are here

Could you talk to your hubs the way his daughter does?

looloo's picture

I couldn't!! Not that I would talk to anyone the way she talks to him but seriously....she is so rude and condescending and demanding. If I EVER spoke that way to him he would let me have it right back! 

Wicked stepmo.'s picture

I have started to talk to SO the same way SD 14 does when he is being ridiculous and crazy because of her. He doesn't listen to reason when he is under her control and he tries to take it out on me. 

I will not tolerate it, this is my home and I run this house not SD14. If she doesn't like it she doesn't need to be here. If he doesn't like it he doesn't need to be here. 

I learned being kind and empathetic got me no where but disrespected and taken advantage of.  SD only sees kindness as weakness and SO wants someone to ride the crazy train with him. 

looloo's picture

I can't do that to anyone. But I get what you are saying. Its funny, she can treat him like dirt and talk to him like he is stupid and he will admit how horribly she talks to him and in the same breath say "but we have a good time together!" Would he say that if I were constantly nagging him? BTW SD is 33. Not a kid that I might give a rap in the mouth to! *ROFL* 

scm444's picture

My DH doesn't hear how his daughter talks to him.  He cannot see that her text messages are rude, condescending, and as if she is on the same level (if not higher).  She's ugly to him but he doesn't see that.  I can also tell that her mother helps her draft the text messages.  Her mother tells her what lies to repeat and how to put him in his place.  What's he do?  Buy her a car, kiss her butt, and tell her how proud he is of her.  But, he hears it when I express my feelings.....that's me being crazy and mean.  THAT is what gets me when I think about the rest of my life.  She's horrendous!!!

looloo's picture

Yes isnt it amazing that WE are the ones who are the crazy ones! I am always crazy whenever I get angry! Funny thing tho,, MY kids are all well adjusted productive members of society with no issues. He is the one with the losers. It is unlikely my kids would report that I am mean and crazy! 

Catmom024's picture

Hahahahahaha...that's a good one.  If I spoke to my SO the way Princess did he'd say good riddance.

Actually now that she's in her late 20's and has a kid he finally stopped putting up with it.  The last time she bitched him out for not paying for something he told her not to contact him again if that's her attitude.  They didn't speak for several years...until he broke down and went crawling back...as always.

My neighbor witnessed Princess ripping my SO a new one.  She told me it was so bad she actually felt sorry for him.  How embarrassing.

still learning's picture

ss33 is extremely rude to DH whenever I'm around. Calls him ugly, old, big nose, etc. I believe he does it to provoke a reaction from me because the first time I heard this I was shocked! I reacted with, "Well that was rude." Next thing I know DH is laughing at what ss said and defending him. Telling me that ss is just kidding.  Later he's trying to engage me in conversation about how funny ss is and how I need to relax. Of course, this happened again but now I know their game. Last time I heard ss insulting DH I just ignored them and walked out of the room. Go ahead and be your son's emotional punching bag DH.  Let him sling his nasty insults, it's your kid.  

If a skid insults their parent but a SM isn't there to hear it, does it really matter?