You are here

Common Step Children Statements - Please see notes for rules

snowking's picture

I decided to make a list of common statements - you can leave the expletives out / or redact them partially.

As Step Parents we feel them and hear them from time to time.  The Common Statements are a list of things we as Step Parents in a Married, Engaged, Boyfriend, Girlfriend, etc. Relationship encounter in our Relationship Journey.  You do not need to tell your story but can be Brief and too the point.

Just simply building a list of Statements from the hearts, souls, mouths of our Step Children.  I will start, when i can I will gather the statements and try to build up the list.  So we can see what are common theme is:

1. "If you were not with my mother, I swear I would kick your @$$.  I just can not figure you out and wish you were not with my Mom."
  2. "You have no idea what its like to be a parent or raise children of your own. #uck You "my name".  You have no #ucking Children!" (doesn't realize that I am helping raise him and his fiance and child)
  3. "Please don't touch my $hit (proceeds to through his stuff around as it breaks).  You need to respect my things, I wish you weren't with My Mother. (He didn't realize that the house where his stuff is is My Home).
  4. "Stay the #uck out of my relationship life, I can yell and scream at my wife "my name"!  We never needed you in the #ucking first Place. Your just with my mom."
  5. "I don't have time to listen to your bull#hit.  I do what I want to do and when I want to do it."
  6. "Okay."
  7. "This is "my name", my Mom's friend."
  8. "Could we just get a picture with my Mom (when we are doing Xmas Cards)"
  9. "Oh...I am sorry "my name" I wasn't sure if we needed to cook a little more dinner for you. My bad."
  10. "My Bad"
  11. "We are going fishing but didn't have plans to have you in our boat. Sorry. Maybe someother time."
  12. "I will take care of that...(clearly lazy or just don't care and truly never gets done)"
  13. "Just ask Mom for money, don't ask "my name", and she will get it from him."
  14. "Could be more quiet or turn off the T.V. (in my bedroom), i have your Grandson trying to sleep here (clearly not knowing what there doing as baby is awake during middle of day. . .ended up getting headphones/bluetooth)
  15. "I don't want you to hold him, he has a week immune system."(as the baby is handed to the other grandparents)
  16. "I will pay you back."
  17. "Could you hurry up. I need to take a $hit!" - me.  "Could you hurry up Mom. I just need to use the bathroom" - Mom

shamds's picture

My husband has lost his shit with his kids from exwife on far lesser stuff...

my skids are to chicken shit to swear at me... they do it in a sneaky way but you know their motives and they play all innocent victim... yeah not buying it!!

snowking's picture

That is good to know.  Swearing in a disrespectful manner isn't really helpful in any situation.

When they do swear about you behind your back, and you hear about it from Relatives or their Friends, it doesn't do justice to the whole family situation.  I know where you are coming from.  Thank you for sharing.

Rags's picture

There is no F-in way any of those statements would have happened in my my blended family experience.  My DW would have busted SS in the mouth if he had ever pulled that shit.  My hand would have smacked him just after his mother's made contact.  Not only that but a POS like your SS would not be living in our home with his breeding partner and spawn.

Why is that pathetic failed idiot of an adult POS in your home?  Time to put them on the curb with all of their crap. IF your DW complaines, she can join them.

I suppose I am incredibly fortunate. My SS-27 has never played any of the toxic crap with me. When he was young he would return home from SpermClan visitation upset about crap that SpermGrandHag had loaded him up with.  "Dad, Gramma says your not my REAL dad so I can't call you dad.", etc..... Never did SS treat me as anything but his dad just as I never treated him as anything but my son.  When he was 22 he asked me to adopt him.  We made it happen in 4 days flat.

I am sorry that you are dealing with this crap.  If he ever swings on you... just shoot him and put him out of everyone's misery.

Good luck.

snowking's picture

That is really good to know that you and your DW have set the boundaries.

We, my Fiancee and I, set those boundaries.  Once, Stepson 3 moves out, which should be here in the next Month and 12 days and counting, we have no intentions on allowing both of them to move back into the home.  They can visit.  But the expense is pretty hefty on our part having him in the home.  He does need to find work. Even during the Pandemic, his 3 other brothers found work.  One is living with us, the youngest, and is saving up to move out to be the caretaker of his real father.  His real father is a good person.  We get along.  And the Youngest Stepson, we get along too.  

The Second Stepson flat out cusses, and we have a very mutual respect for each other, he stays here when he has minor home construction jobs, but flat out said in a swearing manner to his brothers "You $hithole guys need to move out.  You can not be living off of your parents.  $hit. I have my own place now and bounce back and forth 40 miles pending work."  So the Second Stepson knew right off the bat that he doesn't want to be responsible for any of my stuff, my property, buying groceries, paying utility bills, paying property taxes, he pretty much said "#uck No."  Then a week later had an apartment 40 miles away.

Oldest Stepson lives in Oregon.  No problems there.

Third step son though is where all, if not a majority of the comments came from.  I have still yet to watch the Kansas City Chiefs Superbowl Game through and through on my own T.V. Since during the Superbowl he flipped out, and we left to go move camper, boat & trailer, and some sleds 40 miles away for second step son.  One day i will watch it from start to finish.

Thanks for sharing, completely understand where you guys are comming from.

tog redux's picture

My SS never said anything like that - DH would have knocked him into next week.

Your wife is allowing them to mistreat you.

Jake's picture

You my friend are a better man than I am! I could never let someone stay under my roof who showed no repect nor any

appreciation or conideration.

You are a good man period. Yor SO should be putting her son in his place. Time for SSinlaw and ilk to move on.

Followed by a dose of disengagement. Some people have to learn the hard way.

Good luck buddy, in the imortal words of Red Green. We are all in this together. If the woman do not find you Handsome. Then they should at least find you handy! lol

Please be well regards Jake

Simpleton21's picture

OMG, you need to kick them all out including your SO if she is allowing her spawn to treat you this way!  None of this should be tolerated. 

Rags's picture

It is good to hear that the foundation of what you are dealing with is not as toxic as the initial quotes would indicate.

Just make sure to take care of you and your bride. Adult kids need to own their own lives.

Good luck.

Doodlemadmummy's picture

YOU (with finger mm away from my cheek) are PURE EVIL!!   Her father said absolutely nothing.