You are here

Careful what u wish 4

Newimprvmodel's picture

I am feeling so lonely tonight. My mother is back in the hospital with serious cardiac issues, so plans to go to dh's family are scrapped. Honestly I was not thrilled with going, but now dh is going and will likely be back Friday or Saturday. My kids are teenagers so they are all out tonight with their friends. Will spend the day at hospital with my kids and my mom. A bleak thanksgiving awaits! And the irony is that only a few days ago I was joking with clients that I would prefer a thanksgiving spent in my Jammie's home in front of the fire. Well here I sit.....all alone. I do not fault dh for going, I encouraged him, just haven't seen much of him past month. He is a workaholic, but then I work also. I need to find joy in this lovely fire and great book actually. Do tell how some of you are enjoying this holiday.

hereiam's picture

Oh, hon, I do hope your mother will be ok. That is scary stuff.

Hubby and I are planning to stay home and cook for just the 2 of us tomorrow. No drama! We'll see how that pans out.

It is the start of a little vacation from work for me, so I am in a pretty good mood and the wine doesn't hurt.

I will be praying and thinking good thoughts for your mom.

Newimprvmodel's picture

You are a lucky gal having a husband who cooks! My kids are not upset in the least that it will just be us and grandma. They prefer it!! Lol
And the hospital has a great cafeteria so we will all get our turkey. Being flexible in life is critical. Lately I just have felt anxious about my life. I feel I have woken up, looked around, and it is mostly gone. Or maybe I do not like where I am at. Second marriage not how I envisioned a marriage to be. I seem to be alone more times than not, and the irony is that I left my first marriage for that very reason. I am good at entertaining myself, but not for days on end.

Pilgrim Soul's picture

Hope your mother feels better, NAI! And your kids sound supportive and not whiny, as many teenagers are. I am sure your mom will enjoy their company. Sorry that you are missing your husband, it would be nice if he came back early from his visit. But even if he does not... life is not over! Life is beautiful, whatever it brings! Seriously, i try to be aggressively positive these days - especially when DH has several court days looming ahead. So my Thanksgiving will be spent deciphering court documents.

Newimprvmodel's picture

Well there is a bright spot today. Last night, very late, my dh arrived from his office. Said he decided his place was with me. We are a family. Sadness this morning. Dh very emotional, tough projects at work, and of course another year without contact with his children. Basically feels like a failure on every front. I am hoping to spend time with him today alone..........
Anyway, hope you all have a better thanksgiving than planned. It happened to me!

sandye21's picture

NIM, Good for your DH. Glad he came through for you. And hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving. (((HUGS)))

shes driving me crazy in my retirement's picture

Oh honey, I wish I could be there and put my arms around you at this difficult time. Prayers for your Mom and you. It is rough when things like this happen and three times as bad when it occurs on a holiday.

I am so glad your husband stayed with you too. Your mother is much more important than any turkey dinner and obviously he knows that as well. Love goes out to both of you....actually all 3 of you at this time.