You are here

Bite your tongue or disengage

moonchild18's picture

Last night SS came home drunk (nothing new). He was getting mouthy with DH. DH does pretty much nothing and I'am sitting here fuming. I don't understand why he puts up with this. DH told him clean up your room like he is a kid. Mind you, he is 32 years old. That in it self makes me mad. His room stinks! SS told his daddy "well, I have to work all the time". I told DH if he works all the time, he should have enough money to be on his own. Why isn't he? DH said "I don't know". I asked isn't this our house? No response from DH.

It is so hard to bite your tongue when this insanity is going on. I have no privacy, no peace and no life because of this POS. Thanks for letting me vent (again).

twoviewpoints's picture

I have absolutely zero tolerance for a drunk. I also know not to bother arguing with a person when they are under the influence of alcohol. There's nothing about a drunken person who will be rational or have a inkling of what's really going on around them in the non-drunk reality.

The next time the drunken fool arrives home smashed and starts his BS, quietly pick up the phone and call the police. Do not let drunk know you have done this. The knock on the door is all the warning he'll get. Let the drunk go sleep it off in the county jail. Let him bail himself out and pay his own court cost. Under the circumstances than slap a restraining order on him for his abusive conduct towards DH/you. He won't be able to return.

shes driving me crazy in my retirement's picture

Very well said twoviewpoints. I, too, have no tolerance for drunks. Agree next time the fool comes home drunk and starts mouthing off, call the police. One never knows when a mean drunk will get dangerous and you don't have to take it at all.

A night in the drunk tank at the county jail might get some sense into him, but then might not.

If he is staying in your home, rent free or not, you and your husband DESERVE respect.