You are here

Big Move

3Libras06's picture

Well, I'm back.. It's summertime and that means that my SO's son will be here with us until mid-August. Last summer was stressful and there were a lot of issues with disagreements over medicating his son for ADHD and lack of disciplinary action. BM is one of the typical crazy ones too.
BM was very pregnant around Spring Break so we did not have SS for the week that we were supposed to. She refused to meet halfway like usual and said that it was up to my SO to drive from KS to LA to get his son and bring him back... It wasn't possible financially and his job wasn't going to allow the time off. So we haven't seen SS since January. A lot of things have changed over that time.. My SO and I have found a house and he is buying it. Closing in a week. He already packed up his apartment and has his things in storage, is staying with me in my apartment.
His son is coming to town this week so there's going to be a lot of changes happening. Right now I'm feeling myself getting cold feet with moving into his house while his son is here all summer. I don't want to feel like I do not have my own place to go and vent or just *get away* when I need to. AT the same time I know that my SO has been expecting me to move in and for us to take things to the next level, as he recently clued, "I don't want to live with my girlfriend, I want to live with my fiance".
I really do love this guy, he is amazing to me and we've had a great relationship together outside of the whole child from previous marriage thing. I KNOW myself, and I had a strict upbringing.. I expect a lot out of kids and that's where we get into our problems. My SO is quite honestly too lazy to make sure his son has done what he told him to do; would rather buy more toys and games and ask nothing of his son than teach him about earning things through work. I have a short fuse with these things and we have talked about it over and over again. Each time SO says we'll just have to work on it. *sigh*
I'm scared!