You are here

Beside myself

blondie123456789's picture

My SD(31) that has been in my life for 22 years has turned against me. Long story short, her relationship blew up and she moved to our home with her dog.
She basically dumped the dog on us and went to work or out with friends and never offered to help with the large dog mess. clean the bathroom that she shared with her dad and or wash a dish in the 8 weeks she was here. Dog sheds like crazy and carpet a mess . dog would pick up food in his mouth and take the food over to carpet and eat and slobber on the carpet. dog has scratched the leather couch and a wall. when the dog scratched the hardwood I told her that the dog had to live on the landing till she got a place of her own. she was never told she has to leave but the dog was not working out.
DH never said a word just kept getting more stressed. Since i told her about the dog she found a place ( was turned down a few because of dog) and will not speak or even look at me.
She has now blocked me on Facebook. So immature. stuck between DH and SD and hate it. cant wait for her to get out and our life to get back to normal. DH other kids only come around when they want something but she was always at our house and we have always gotten along. Because I said dog has to stay on landing she is off her rocker. this is not normal. she will not even speak to me and i have tried. i make sure DH is there so he can see. Forgot to mention yard full of crap. No respect for us or our house. Told us i was causing the dog physiological issues because of restrictions.....Really ... i dont understand what is wrong with her??

My sister-in-law basically said the same thing SD's aunt. I have spoke about this with my sister-in laws. I have 3 but feel they might be biased. I do believe she is so immature and may never grow up. DH coddles her and that sure does not do her any favors. She always says she wants me to tell her the truth and I did and this is where we are at.. she moves out Sunday and its not soon enough. you can cut the tension in the air with a knife.

IslandGal's picture

Pfft.. she's behaving like an irresponsible shithead. Probably hates the thought of (gasp!) being an adult and taking care of her responsibilities (her dog).

I would've booted her and the dog out of the house the second I found myself cleaning her dogs mess.. but at least she's gone now..yay!!

Ignore the twit - you don't need her in your life.. no more wasting time on her!

DH and I are not used to the filth. we love animals and groom our cat everyday and take care of it like it should be. the dog we had was the same we took care of our dog and cleaned up after him and groomed him and he had manners. this dog is not taken care of and is very stupid. poor dog is 4 years old and I blame her for the dog being misbehaved and will still mess on the floor. We have worked hard to have our home and take pride in it without being crazy neat. she will be gone in 4 days and I cant wait. there is a reason she is still single. I'm sure when her last relationship ended the man was happy to see her go and he never said, hey lets see if we can work this out. he was likely relived she left and was thankful he dodged that bullet.

Rags's picture

The dog has psych issues because of limits on where it can go in the house? :? :jawdrop: :sick:

This Skid is an idiot. Get her out NOW!!!!

Yes , floored me when she said it. This is a large 100lb dog. so its sleeping and dreaming and feet are moving and i slapped the couch 2x and said abby wake up and that was thrown in my face to i will cause the dog damage. yes really.

yes I will be once she gets out in 4 days. now she will not speak to me and just walks by. I hate the tension but know both DH and I will be so much better off once she is gone.

I think she has the dog because it will love her unconditionally. It lives in the house and not outside and sleeps with her. that's another problem because we don't let that happen here. And because we put limits on the dog. no eating on the carpet, stay off the hardwood upstairs and when we bring the dog in from outside we make her stay on the mat till she is dry and SD has issues with that as well. just bring her in and let her get right on carpet. She cut me off no DH. DH and I would joke about how she would come to visit me and not him and now im the bad person and she will talk to him. No, she was a treat for her mother and her sisters tip toe around her. she has a strained relationship with her mother at best. she will get the dog its rabies shots but never take it to the vet and my DH finally last year got on her about getting the dogs nails clipped, she does not flea the dog. just food and she will have to walk as she is moving to an apt and feeds the dog.

jam's picture

" but she was always at our house and we have always gotten along."

Skids are like horses. I know...sounds weird but they are. You get along with them as long as you are not asking anything of them. The horse can be out in the field and you can walk right up to it and pet it and admire it and talk sweet to it all you want but...just walk out to the field with a bridle in your hand and off it runs and wants nothing to do with you.

Thanks I needed that reality check... we had a security system put in. i put it in recently as we go back and forth to our trail for the next 6 months. we wanted to put on in last year but finally found the right unit at the right price. anyway still tweaking the setting as the routher is not always happy.. so was just looking at the recorded viw and saw her give the double bird to i would assume me. OMG. I feel sick that someone has so much hate in them...

she is feeling the chill, i totally ignore her even if she walks right by me. i tried for a few day to say hello, goodbye, etc and I got the chill and for my sanity i just ignore her now. We are suppose to go away for the day on sat and I just said to my husband I will not go. I trusted her till i saw the double bird and hate in her eyes this morning. not I don't trust her to move out without doing something really bad. life is to short to have her and her hate in it.

Merry's picture

Yep, I'll train a dog over a skid any day.

Love the idea of showing DH the video while she is in the room. You are doing her a FAVOR and she is so grateful she flips you off when she doesn't get her lazy-ass way.

I have no doubt he will say something to her. She has taken off till who knows when and I work at 4 today. might be said while I'm not here not sure when it will happen. maybe she will be gone tonight if she does not like what DH has to say. I cant believe all this is happening.

I feel the same. I have had 2 indoor cats ( one after the other)that both lived till 18 and 19 years. One i gave a thyroid pill 2xa day for 7 years and the latest cat we own was a outdoor cat that a neighbor moved away and we took in. He is now a 70/30 indoor cat and because he is outside he gets wormed every 3 months (as per vet) and monthly flea stuff from vet and is groomed 1 or 2x a day. he has long hair and gets all his shots and is well taken care of. We take him to our trailer in the car and actually walks on a leash at the trailer. ( not allowed out there, afraid to lose him)

During the time of the second cat we received a yellow lab the kids had and their BM was going to toss but we took instead because of kids crying about the poor dog. again a well taken care of lab that lived to 15years with arthritis meds for his last 2 years of life. We have a big foyer about 6x10 and he lived there for the last 2 years of his life as it was to hard to get up or down the stairs. no hardwood at that time. So i really have no idea why she would think that we are damaging the dog making it live there.

She will be the worst mother ever to a child if this is how she takes care of a dog.
we both love animals and i don't blame the dog as its all her for not training it.

yes screw her. some day maybe she will be sorry when she has a tragedy or light bulb moment and realizes that her thinking is wrong. and you reap what you sow.

I cant believe I found this group. things appear when you need them.... I cant thank everyone enough for your words and thoughts. hearing all the remarks gives me a good perspective that I am not crazy myself...lol I LOVE THIS GROUP

Beside Myself UPDATE

When I came home from work she was gone DH and SD had it out. I did not ask to much as DH is upset. hopefully will be back today for her stuff and get back to normal.