You are here

Back to Facebook Memes

ETexasMom's picture

So OSD is blocked on my Facebook so I don't have to deal with her stupid crap however she is on DH's Facebook page. I posted last week about her calling DH and when he was free to see the grandkids. I was hoping he would tell her this Saturday while I was away all day chaperoning my child's band competition. Unfortunately DH did not do that.

Saturday I was gone from 6am-9pm. Dh decided to sleep in then go work at a widow's house that he does home repairs for. DH said he spent the day there and didn't want to mess with SD when he got home. Sunday we had tickets to a tailgating party that's an all day affair. We go there and during the night DH took a picture of us and put it on his Facebook. Apparently that set OSD off. About 45 minutes she starts posting those stupid pictures saying "real grandparents are there for their grandchildren no excuses" and "shout out to real grandparents who spend time with their grandkids". MSD of course immediately starts commenting "so true".

DH showed me the post today and he is not happy! I just don't understand that SK mentality that DH is supposed to cancel all kids when they call. Oh well not my monkey not my circus! I'm so glad she's blocked and can't attack me like she used too!

notasm3's picture

A person who chooses to help an elderly widow over going to have fun with grandchildren is probably a really decent human being.

The SD is a POS - who cares what she says.

CANYOUHELP's picture

You can really learn a lot from SD's using FB, I appreciate social media. People without class or education have no filter, obviously. It makes life transparent for those who fake it to dadeeeee. After I read about their true feelings, as well as my daughter-who showed me too; we showed it to my husband-- then, I blocked them too. No need to read any more--they just saved me a lot of money, time and emotion I would have wasted on trying to have a relationship with them-- in the future. I had already wasted far toooooo much!

OH, just so you can avoid this beforehand; the next thing they will do is send sarcastic "accidental" texts on your phone, after you block FB; so go ahead and block the text too- to avoid additional juvenile behavior, ahead of time.

hereiam's picture

The great thing about being a grandparent, is that you get to choose what and when. Unlike being a parent, you have no obligations or responsibilities to grandkids.

If I had kids and they put crap like that out there, it would make me pull back even more.

The drama and emotional blackmail is one of the reasons that my DH is not the grandfather that he could be to his own grandkids.

SM12's picture

It took me a few years to convince DH to block BM from his facebook. I blocked BM and the SS's pretty early on after they would start sending nasty text messages anytime he and I were out doing anything "fun". It would never fail, someone would tag us in an event or photo and MSS would start his reign on terror via text at DH.
"why don't you ever do fun things with us" "Can you take me out to eat tonight...You always go out to eat without us"
"Is riding your motorcycle and hanging out at the Bar more important than your own kids?"
Now understand, this would all happen on KID FREE weekends and during events that were planned like charity rides blah blah blah.
Our best friends own a pub, restaurant and the SS's would get angry if they drove by and saw our car there having dinner with our friends.

I blocked them all and finally convinced DH to do it too after they ruined our evening for the last time.

zerostepdrama's picture

Ugh the passive aggressiveness on FB... so annoying... just come right out and say what you mean. If SD was upset that your DH chose to do other things then hang with her kids, she should be an adult and call him and talk to him about it. Then maybe she would understand what really happened. But that makes too much sense.

still learning's picture

Or be an adult, get her face out of her phone and go parent her own kids. Time to grow up and drop the jealousy over what daddee is isn't doing with her.