You are here

6 week "visit"

So hard to deal's picture

So, after I insisted that 3 weeks was the absolute limit for my 25 year old unemployed stepson to "visit", my husband books a ticket for six weeks. Now, it has become an all-expenses paid European vacation for a lazy, self-centered Narcissist. I am in week two, and I am honestly thinking about taking my bio son, and getting out of here. It isn't even the poor behavior of my asshole stepson, it's the way my husband behaves around him. He has no standards for him, no limits, and no budget. For me and my bio son, though, nothing is ever good enough. Tell me I'll make it through the six weeks...I'm trying to spend a lot of time out of the house, disengaged.

Dontfeedthetrolls's picture

Kind of off topic but I remember aruging against a kid staying this long on another post a whole back and everyone saying.

Her kid, her house, he can shut it. But apprently we don't apply that to a his kid, his house?

It comes down to what is a visit with an adult child. I agree 6 weeks is way too long.

Rags's picture

IMHO the partner saying no is the one with veto authority.  People that are not allowed to invade inject far less marital strife than people that are allowed to invade.

Play the veto.