You are here

3 year old claim I hit her

CTorres1993's picture

My 3 year old Step daughter tells her mom and step dad that i physically abuse her but I had never touched that little girl in any abusive or any malicious way. What can I do? I have a son and a daughter with my current partner the toddlers dad, how can I protect myself and my own children against this kind of false allegations I don't even know why a 3 year old would make such stories, any advice will be welcome

Stepmama2321's picture

Wow that's a very scary situation. If I was you, I would never be alone with that child. False allegations can cause issues with CPS and you don't want that, specially having your own children as well. 
Sounds like BM is putting words in SD mouth. What did your SO say about the accusation?

CTorres1993's picture

He told BM that the allegations are not real because I'm not alone with her his other older kids 13,11, and 8 are also at the house whenever she come over and the 11 year old lives with me. From the beginning BM has been a problem she didn't let us see my SD from February til the end of May so SD started to have separation anxiety which it's normal when kids just get to see just one parent for a long period of time

Stepmama2321's picture

Are his other kids, BM kids as well? They could at least be witness. Yea and definitely normal for her age. But her lying is not normal for a 3 yo, that's typically because BM is feeding her those words. I would just not be alone with that child ever (sounds like your not) and be weary of that BM because that's a serious accusation. Sorry you're goin through that.

piegirl's picture

Sounds like BM making trouble for you and your DH - no child of 3 years would even know how to make up that sort of thing. Agree with other posters - protect yourself by being in others company always. How terrible that they would use a little one as a pawn in their strange game Sad

Miss T's picture

... never be alone with this child. I wouldn't count on her sibs as witnesses, either--BM is likely to get them to tell tales as well.

Is there any way you can absent yourself from the house when she's there? Stay with your own family, a friend, even get a room somewhere while the little girl is with your DH? Keep yourself away from this mess and let him deal with it. Admittedly that's a pretty inconvenient solution, but inconvenience is nothing compared with what you're facing if CPS gets involved.

CTorres1993's picture

The other children have a different mother, one of them lives with me, my BF can go and book a room to be with his D that's my house way before he came into my life, we have a 10 month old together and it's very hard to think that she won't be able to spend the time she spend with him if we do separate just because some unhappy BM want to make my life impossible it never went through my mind that someone could even use their own kids to cause harm to others it's just heartless 

Dogmom1321's picture

Unless your DH can be home to supervise her, she has zero business at your house. When it starts effecting custody schedule due to DH work, BM being inconvienced, etc. maybe they will start to realize that these allegations are serious. Don't put yourself in any compromising situation. 

When we were dating, SD (like 6 or 7 at the time) was riding her bike where she wasn't allowed by DH. Well, he wasn't home! I told him she would no longer be able to ride her bike then if he wasn't home to supervise her. I wasn't going to put myself in that situation again. 

justmakingthebest's picture

I recommend getting cameras for your house. I got mine on Amazon, the 4 pack was $100 and I pay $12 for 30 days of video on a cloud that I can download. 

This way you have proof that you don't hit her if it ever come up again. I would also make a point to tell BM that cameras are going up. This will hopefully stop her from putting words into SD's head. 

Thumper's picture

Run

Miss T's picture

You're one of three lucky women he's gifted with children?

He's using you as a babysitter and a bed warmer, and at least one of his ex's is crazy enough to weaponize CSD--I guess because she's so jealous "her" man found someone(s) else?

Honey, forget about the cameras and all the other ilttle ploys we've come up with here. You need to GTFO yesterday.

still learning's picture

You're one of three lucky women he's gifted with children?

LOL! Ya gotta love serial monogamy.  

All kidding aside, there should be no room in your life for false allegations.  If BM or anyone else decides to report this to CPS you would be investigated.  If they felt that you were any threat to this little girl then ALL of the children could be removed from the home and/or you may be ordered to take parenting classes.  It could also affect future employment opportunities.  Every time a background check is run this could be an issue.  

I agree with the suggestion of cameras, they could just be in the common areas.   If DH has to work or could not care for Sd3 then she should not be in your home. He should have 100% responsibility for her anytime she is in his custody.   Men with young children usually rely heavily on their new spouse to care for their kids. You have to set a firm boundary that he will be the one to do ALL of the care for his little spawn. 

ExH made a false abuse report against me over 10 years ago and I've had to redeal with that issue since I work with protected individuals.  False abuse claims are not something you want to open yourself up to.  

Wicked stepmo.'s picture

You also have the option to bring the child to Thier Dr or a therapist to have them meet with the kid and document they have no concerns for the child's safety. This way if Thier is an investigation they will have that record to review.