23yr old ss top priority in household
I have read posts for years now here and this is my first post. I have been married to my DW for six and a half years. Both on our 2nd marriage. In my first marriage my stepkids were responsible adults who never live with us. In my present marriage SS23 has been with is the whole time. He has never worked and still not working and is taking a few classes here and there to get his two year degree and then move on to a 4 year school, He plats video games 90% of the time and does school work the other 10%. My DW has never been a parent, but his best friend, What he wants to do or not do is fine with her, He does no chores except take out the trash and empty the dishwasher. Of course only when he is told. His BF father has not been part of his life until the last few years and lives in the other state, He is suppose to go spend the summer with him in May as his father has health problems. But I doubt it as his stepmother doesn't like the lazy bum. Everytime I try and talk to my DW about her son should get a job she defends him and tells me he doesn't want to work at fast food restaurants or other starter Jobs, He is arrogant, Since we have no privacy at all we now live like roommates, I lost all interest in sex with her over a year ago and she has said nothing and not good, All intimacy has halted as I know I am second in her life and have no desire to try anymore. I want to have this marriage work out, but I see him never leaving the nest, I am 56 and she is 55 and makes all the money as I am unemployed and can't afford to leave or would be gone and not come back until he is out on his own, So each day I go out for part of the day so I do not have to be around him, I have disengaged and she just says nothing and never brings up our marriage thinking everything is ok. I will talk to her again and see if it does any good but don't have much hope. It is looking like this marriage was one big mistake.