You are here

18 y/o moron SD is pregnant

omgstop's picture

So I haven't been around in a long while, but after a span of peaceful time, my oldest SD is back and pregnant. Some 30 y/o man knocked her up and, to my knowledge, he doesn't know she's preggo. To top this all off, her granparents bought her a new car so that she could get to and from work, they have offered to pay for college and she's decided to smoke week and get knocked up. She has ZERO plans to go to school, a dead end job and as far as I can see, just plans on leeching off us for as long as she can. I can't look at her without wanting to slap the everloving shit outta her. DH has no more patience for her either, but of course, she has nowhere else to go. She did plan on taking the morning after pill, but as far as we know, hasn't done it. According to her, she is now about 6 weeks along. I can't fucking stand this girl, I guess I just needed to vent. Sad

omgstop's picture

That's a really good idea! I actually hadn't thought of going to the doctor with her because my instinct is to just get as far away from her as possible when she is home.

omgstop's picture

uofarkchick's picture

Oh my good lord... What in the eff is wrong with some chicks? It would never even cross my mind to lie to someone about being pregnant. I hope your step knows he dodged a bullet and that he should wrap it next time.

uofarkchick's picture

If I were a man, I would perform my own DNA test on any baby that was "mine." 18 years (21 years in NYS) is a long time to pay for your spouse's infidelity.

omgstop's picture

Hey thanks!

DH and I know not-a-damned-thing about this guy. DH has seen him once when SD was getting dropped off. SD told me he has one kid already. DH doesn't want her living in the house if she decides to keep it. I have no idea how all this is supposed to work.

Sorry to hear that your OSD can't wrap her mind around how the pill works lol

Thanks again!

omgstop's picture

I had my son when I was 19; however I already had my own place, was with his father, etc. It didn't get hard until we split up when my son was three, but we still made it through. Sadly, my SD doesn't have much in the way of common sense or life skills, i.e. we would get stuck with her and her baby for a really long time; I don't want anymore babies and neither does my DH.

omgstop's picture

I've talked to her about it and that was her initial plan. We haven't heard anything about whether or not she took the pill, however she's had morning sickness all the way up to Christmas morning soooo...

Thumper's picture

Its is time to cough UP the goods on the daddy. He could be married. Goodness lets hope not.

Besides that awful possibility , it is a cop out to say she has no place to go. That is BS

Your local social services will help a unwed mother to be in a heart beat. She is pregnant WIC, foodstamps, housing. She can aslo contact Catholic Charities who will help her too with adoption.

SHE needs to figure out where she is going to live, how to pay for doctor visits ON her own.
It is not your burden. Nor dh's

Gosh I hope the dad is told.

omgstop's picture

I've tried to convince her to tell the dad, no go. DH is fed up enough that he is about ready to toss her on her ass anyhow; I really just have no idea how this is gonna end up and I actually have chest pain just thinking about all this. I agree that this is her mess to clean up, she just needs to do it in her own place. ugh.