You are here

… it continues… (“it” is a good thing)

cpreston's picture

If you recall, my SS27 plunked down cold hard cash for ‘rent’ (which we are saving for him to move the heck out) said that he would give us $250 each paycheck and then proceeded to clean the garage

He’s since paid another $500 and has been not only cleaning up after himself (which he never did before) but has also been chipping in around the house

He cleaned the garage out… which was great but I was skeptical, because I know him, I figured it’d be this one time thing and that we’d never see another effort from him again

Well, this week, he vacuumed the downstairs, unloaded the dishwasher each time before I got home from work, cleaned the kitchen including sweeping and mopping the floor

Because of the storm and power outages, he hasn’t worked this week. He’s hourly so he said that his next paycheck would be light and could only afford to give about a hundred bucks

I told my husband “take it”
He said “but then he’ll be short he’ll have hardly any money left”
I said, If he were out on his own, a landlord probably wouldn’t care that he was short on hours in a paycheck… take what he can give you, it will teach him a valuable lesson. Besides, it’s going into a savings account FOR HIM so it’s not like we’re taking money AWAY from him…
So, he took the money!
He’s even been polite and conversational with me…. I am wondering who this person is, though I’m not complaining, I just still have trepidations about the whole ‘turn around’