You are here

Parental Alienation

Gigi82's picture

PAS is mentioned countless times on this website and I think it would be a good idea to have a forum dedicated to Parental Alienation and it's effects on children and families in general. I am struggling with dealing with the mother of my SD7 and how she is ruining her emotionally with parental alienation against my DH. I know that I personally would benefit from being able to go directly to a forum that will allow me to hear other people stories and hopefully learn how to deal with this in the best way to benefit my SD and DH. Please make this a forum topic! Thanks. Smile

Gigi82's picture

I have Divorce Poison, it is an amazing book! Thanks for the suggestion, I appreciate your reply. When I first heard of PAS a few years ago I wasn't sure if I really believed, until I started checking off the signs and symptoms from my own SD and her psychotic mother. I live in constant fear of what the next alienating act will be, and how it is affecting my poor SD7. That's why I was really hoping a forum tab would be added so that I could go directly to it whenever I wanted to learn more or just vent to people who understood.

mommylove's picture

Yes, that, so more people can also recognize that is not just CP BM's who attempt to alienate their children from other parent. My H is an NCP Guilty Daddy who has said negative things about SD12's BM to SD12 and in front of SD12 on multiple ocassions! Of course to be fair, I don't think this is an attempt to alienate BM, H is just an *sshole who can't control his own temper and says whatever's on his mind without regard for anyone else! He's always starting arguments with me in front of the kids, sometimes bringing up issues about the kids and sometime very private subjects like our sex life, and then he gets even more angry when I tell him that I refuse to argue with him in front of the kids and just ignore him!

Ugh! Thank God he is my stbX -H!

Gigi82's picture

That is a very good point, it's not always the BM's that do this. It's unfortunate that your STBXH is so selfish that he puts his anger before his own children. I know that BM's do have a stereotype of almost always being called "crazy", but it's not always the woman. Too bad for me that in my case the BM is absolutely %100 crazy and damaging her children just to hurt their fathers. She yells at my DH in front of SD7 and he never yells back, and walks away or hangs up the phone. She tells SD that he was abusive and crazy when he is the most soft spoken and gentle man I have ever met. She constantly makes fun of him to the point that SD feels the need to tell us about it every time we see her. She tells the child that her Dad doesn't care about her, while he drives 600 miles EOW to see her. She also told SD7 that he killed her puppy when she was a baby. They had a puppy that died because of a heart defect soon after they got it while they were married, and they buried this dog in the backyard together. Years later during the divorce the BM claimed that she was in fear of her daughters life because DH had killed her puppy and would never tell her where the body was buried. There is nothing else I can say about this other than WTF?!?!?? Who tells a 7 year old that her Daddy is a puppy murderer? That doesn't even come close to describing how crazy this woman is. That's why I am hoping we can have a PAS forum so I can get some relief and much needed advice on the topic.