You are here

Volunteering a school

Frustrated2's picture

We have 50/50 custody of my step kids. I have been in their lives since they were babies. I have done everthing that a BM does. Now my SD is starting school and the BM said she does not want me to volunteer at the school. She says that volunteering is for the mom and dad. She said that she talked to the school distict already and she can put a stop to it if she had to. I think she is lying. The school needs volunteers and I really want to be involved. I've never tried to step on her toes or take her place. She's just very jealous. Any advice?

patient but frustrated's picture

She's lying..We are dealing with the same thing...School told me I can volunteer and she can't do anything to stop it...which they informed her also...Like Mustang1 said if you pass through their process they will be happy to have you! (SMILE)

.....psycho ex's suck....

laughterandtears's picture

But let her think so, then when she shows up, smile and wave!!

~THE EXERCISE THAT REALLY CHANGES YOUR LIFE IS WALKING DOWN THE AISLE~

OldTimer's picture

Who cares what BM thinks? She obviously is soooooo insecure. Go happily volunteer. The school needs it. BM is only looking at her best interest, not the kids.

Wink StepMom

Man has the intelligence to change his life,
Sometimes, he just fails to use it...

Dawn-Moderator's picture

I've helped out at school. Of course I don't think my ss's Bm has ever helped out at school or went on a field trip with his class. It has always been me or Dh.

StepMom is right. She is insecure and doesn't want you to make her look like she's the bad parent.

Dawn