Overreacting?

Vr2010's picture

My husband has a 6 yr old who he has full time and bm gets her every other weekend. Literally almost everytime she comes back from mothers house she is sick with something. It has been falling on me to care for her when she misses school because I only work part time. Am I overreacting for being pissed off that this becomes my responsibility when bm doesn't work or pay child support. I've been feeling like saying to husband that if she's always sick let her mother care for her or him take off work. I feel as if I didnt sign up for this. Maybe time to leave? 

JRI's picture

What kind of sickness?  Always the same?

Winterglow's picture

So, in other words, you are paying for her share of her children's needs, at least partly. That would make me mad. Why won't he file?

tog redux's picture

No, you aren't overreacting. Tell your DH you won't be child care anymore if SD is sick. BM can watch her. 

justmakingthebest's picture

This is your SO's problem. He doesn't have the balls to file for CS and he is placing his responsibilities on you. Just say no. No, I can't take care of her. One of her actual parents needs to do it. 

AgedOut's picture

are there other children in the house? 

is the kiddo missing school because of this?

can you lay down the law w/ DH?