You are here

Juvenile Delinquent . Questions

Lioness77's picture

If I call my FSS16 probation officer to report him, will they record the call ? Will they or can they talk to me? I want to make an anonymous call to avoid FDH knowing right now. He's not doing anything to save his kid, but complains he's worried about his son ending up dead or critically wounded.

I'm asking this because my FDH is too nice.
He wants to be a friend and has given six YEARS of chances to this kid. ( birth mom not in the picture )

I know my FSS has a court date coming again inevitably, however, the court needs to know all of the times he's been gone 24 - 48 hours w/ o calling, the stealing he's done at home, the lies and belligerant mouthy behavior at home and him being under the influence.

FDH is too tired to deal with it and figures since he's already in violation, then why bother, he's going to juvi anyway. The PO ( who to me does nothing ) has already left his card on the door umpteen times to make it known he's watching FSS and wants him to call.

FSS got dropped off at the house at midnight by the police ( why don't they take teens with a record into custody for an MIP or MIC ?) and had been in a fight with the owner of a business for STEALING the tip jar and taking the $. That's probably theft 4.
He's already got an "assault 4" for beating up another kid ( two against one ), two shoplifting charges, has failed all of his UAs, failed to do his 15 hours of school a week, failed to do his community service, failed to pay $20 month restitution and failed to check in with the PO. All of these were requirements of his last court date and probation.

His Dad has confiscated knives, pipes and paraphernalia from him. He tells me to " Fuck off BITCH " when I try to intervene.
Of course, he won't talk to his dad this way, only yelling at him.
He smokes cigarettes in his room and steals money and food from personal locations and the kitchen.

My questions are, why does it take so long from the time of the offense to the time of hearing and prosecution? Will a phone call just to say " hey , please get out there and get this kid into detention , this is what's going on" be enough ? How many chances does the system give these kids to violate probation? Isn't that contempt of court?

What should be expected next? Will they just give him another gentle smack and let him go free?

Please . Im really looking for advise from those in the know or who've been thru this. I'm sure I'm not seen as a very good person for going about it this way, but, someone has to do something. I just don't want problems with FDH on top of all of this. You know?

bestwife's picture

Sad isn't it. My SS34 is dying right now. He was like that and got way worse. I was not around then - but I am not sure he didn't kill people. I about faint at the thought. I have never met him and never will. DH has not had any communication with him in 15 years. He fled out of state and was mia for many, many years.

I don't have any practical advice - but you need him OUT OF YOUR LIFE like NOW!!!!! He is dangerous.