You are here

I sure hope not

Tessa1221's picture

So my man has his daughter 50/50 well almost seems like we ALWAYS have her because her mother always asks us(me) to watch her whole she's at work. Which means I have to deal with her. Anyways the other day he asked if I think she will want to stay with him permanently when she turns 13. I just said I don't know. Good god I hope not. She gives me so much trouble at age 3 already. I do my damn best to not pull my hair out when she's hear. I feel like once she's her it's "her" house and everyone else is walking on egg shells. I'm tired of her acting like a baby. I try to teach her that she's not a baby anymore we do big girl things. I finally potty trained her completely. I want to break the whinnimg and her acting like she knows the place

Disneyfan's picture

You have the power to decrease the amount of time you have tp deal with SD.

The next time mom wants you tof watch her, say no.

Tessa1221's picture

I tell him to say no all the time. I'm sick of doing her favors especially because she just always has a secret plan afterwards to be a bitch. He says he says yes because he wants more time with his daughter. Um please then go do something with her and get her away from me.

Orange County Ca's picture

I highly recommend you get out of step-parenting. Not because you're a bad step-parent (you're quite the opposite) but because your understandable resentment of the step-parenting situation is going to ruin any marriage and family you contemplate.

I fully understand you and your feelings are hardly abnormal. I see you've been with us a few months so you've had the opportunity to look around at the problems others have. If you haven't taken the time to do so please do so faily soon.

It's possible you and your man can work out a amicable agreement but unless the bio-mother is out of the picture permanently and you decide that you love the kid equal to one of your own its very unlikely.

Look there are a millions childless guys out there. Detach yourself from this situation which is going to cause you are lifetime of problems and find a nice guy and have your own family. I know its difficult to start a new relationship but its far far better than spending decades with a kid you hate, a bio-mother constantly harping and a husband who can likely favor his first born over any children you decide to birth.

Please give this advise serious consideration.