You are here

Help obtaining, reaching Stepparent Bill of Rights

suebennett27's picture

Thank you for sharing the Bill of Rights. I have identified several that are not recognized in my long relationship. I appreciate your suggestions and advice about how I can change this with my boyfriend, we are not married. He asked, I said yes . . . while later said no. Reason why? Our relationship does not include the basics a relationship must have to be successful till death do us part. I would appreciate postive responses only. Negative deadend advice is really not helpful when the objective is be successful in my relationship. Thank you.

Bill Of Rights I do not have.

I will be part of the decision making process in my marriage and family at all times.

I will not be solely responsible for housework; chores will be distributed fairly.

I will be consulted on all family financial matters. (this one is really challenging because we are not married and do not combine our finances)

Others may not violate my private space at home, nor take or use my possessions without my permission. (sd (21 years old) takes my personal belongings without asking. sneaky though, I lack proof to present to her father)

I will not be treated like an outsider in my own home.

My spouse and stepchildren will treat me with respect.

Our relationship is our first priority, and we will address all issues together.

akt8597's picture

Is this a real legal document? Are there copies available to the public?