You are here

Feeling like I don't have a say SD life!

Mandy84's picture

Recently my SD has been having some behavioral issues at BIO mom's with BIO mom and BIO mom's boyfriend. Boyfriend ( who btw is referred to as step dad., ok not!) calls complaining to BIO dad, a.k.a my husband. We get every other weekend visitation so when our weekend rolled around my husband had a talk with his now 10 year old. In this conversation I heard you can't do anything unless your mom, me (husband) or mom's boyfriend says so. All I heard was over and over this statement. Never did i hear any mention of myself. This kind of made me mad because mom's boyfriend gets a say even though they are NOT married and he has not been raising her as long as I have helped to. I have changed diapers, bathed, dressed, cuddled, bought necessities, wants and done without for this child because I have loved her as my own. Be it not for me in her life she would not get near as much as she does now. I persuade her dad to buy her school clothes, haircuts, birthday parties, etc. I just feel like I should have some say in her life also. Sad