You are here

Court on Friday and court on Monday, will it ever end?

notthebradybunch6's picture

So we had our second day in court, this time with a lawyer, and we were prepared. They were not. When the lawyer let loose about her welfare fraud from last year and how now that the year of probation is up she wants the boys so she can apply for welfare legally now, she yelled out in the court "That has nothing to do with this current matter". HA. Our lawyer told the judge that the grounds for the exparte emergency custody order were so vague and no evidence was provided that the order should be dissolved. Barring that he said the judge should order the Department of Social Services to "inspect" us to make a determination that the judge could use to dissolve the current order. The judge to make the order for DSS and gave us visitation over the weekend "without prejudice" which meant the baloney about my not being left alone with the children was over. I say bring on DSS, I have NOTHING to hide, and I am fed up with being labeled a child abuser, AFTER she said in court I have never laid a hand on those boys.

I am so fed up. Apparently she is interrogating them on a regular basis to find something, anything to use against us. The latest. Today I was told that I did not feed them. To which I replied "What!?!" They said "Remember that time we all started eating dinner while SS10 was still working on his homework?" To which I replied, the only reason that happened is because we had to leave for scouts and he REFUSED to do his homework and was told he could have the plate that was sitting in the microwave waiting for him as soon as he finished writing the five sentences he had for homework that was taking him 3 hours to do!!!"

Personally I have always been fine with sending him to school with his homework not done and let the teacher handle it but as usual I am a slave to what BM wants and my husband would not let that happen. So why should the other 3 children have to wait indefinitely for their dinner, especially when they are able to come home and crank out their home work in the 45 minutes it should take?

I swear if they turn this incident into neglect in court I am going to check into a sanitarium, because if that is a sane judgement I must be crazy.

I need advice. I am getting so mad about this whole situation. I feel like DH just let all of this happen in his bid to try and make these crazy women happy (his ex and mother not me, I may be crazy but I am DEFINITELY not happy). We go back to court on Monday and if I have one more person attempt to label me a threat to children I am going to lose my mind! My ex-husband even went to the last hearing to testify to the fact that I am not a "spanker" I am in his words a "new age parent that uses time out and stuff like that". He can't make the hearing on Monday because of work. I hate having to prove I am innocent just because BM is a nut job who wants welfare.