You are here

Children's Aid Gets involved

newtostepmoming's picture

Hi, My husband's ex is bipolar and has not adhered to the court order in the past to see his kids (daughter 12, son 8). She has gotten children's aid involved in the past saying he doesnt take good care of them and my husband went through the entire process only for Children's aid to realize the claims had no baring. I met the children for the first time a month ago and after that she refused to send the kids on their scheduled dates and has now gotten the children's aid involved again. 

My questions:

1. Can the Bio-Mom inititate these reports from Children's Aid or is it the children?

2. If its the children, do you think the kids are old enough for my husband to have an open conversation with them, that they can talk to their dad about whatever it is that they feel?

3. Will having an open conversation backfire? and is it unhealthy for the children as they are already going through so much. 

Rags's picture

I am a share the facts guy myself.  Kids should have all of the facts and information in an age appropriate manner including regular review of the CO, CPS investigations and reports, Supplemental County Rules, toxic blended family opposition arrest records, etc, etc, etc....... Of course if you adopt this strategy make sure that your background and your SOs are spotless or at the very least far less damning than the toxic oppositions.