You are here

Can BM request to see paystubs one a year?

georgiafamily's picture

I recently read that the custodial parent can request to see proof of income at least once a year without court order. Is this true? I live in Georgia. thanks

GoodbyeNormaJean's picture

She can request to see the contents of your panty drawer, but that doesn't mean you are obligated to show it to her.

She can file a motion asking for a review of the income that CS is calculated off of. You have to provide that info to the judge, or to CSED. My advice is to submit your DH's paystub, not any tax info.

herewegoagain's picture

Check this site...

http://tinyurl.com/6gersc2

It does NOT state you are required to provide her anything unless she goes through the courts. However, also check the divorce papers/child support order to ensure that the sneaky ex didn't have it put in there and your DH fell for it :sick:

Jsmom's picture

I live in GA as well. She is allowed to pursue a change in the CS every two years unless something has changed drastically with either household. I.e. child no longer living with one parent...

They are not supposed to take into account your income as the step, unless it gets to a judge - he can do what he wants.

In GA we have to go to mediation first. Just did that a few months ago. They could see my income, because we had filed taxes jointly. If we hadn't she wouldn't have seen it. We won't be doing that again until SS13 goes off to college...

She can not see your paystubs unless she files for a change in CO or CS and it gets to mediation. Stall on that...we did and she did. Ultimately her lawyers played games with ours and never provided her tax returns like we did. Bit her in the ass, because she actually owed us money.