You are here

your point of views appreciated...

sixxnguns's picture
Forums: 

my finacee is taking his ex wife back to court because she has not held up to the divorce agreements they signed to. They both had agreed to 50/50 custody and they are both responsible for half of the bills that pertain to the child, daycare, dr, etc. My fiancee pays child support since he makes more than her...but there's a catch...for the past 9 months she hasn't had the child for 50% of the time. She's "too busy" but she collects food stamps, housing asisstance, financial aid for school, AND the child support, all while only having their son for maybe 3 days out of the month. She's never had him for a weekend, she is always "busy". Anyway, my fiancee filed a complaint a couple months ago with a lawyer, since she hasn't had him 50% of the time he wants to change it so he's the custodial parent so HE can get the child support because he has him all the time. Well a couple weeks ago someone filed a complaint with Social Services because she's collecting food stamps for her child when he's not even living there..so now she's wanting to take him 50% of the time...so she doesn't get her ass in trouble...I wonder if the courts will change this agreement now that she wants to be a parent...note that she has NO clue that he's taking her back to court...she has no idea...I hope we don't get screwed on this one...I think after spending almost a year scamming the system someone would charge her with some kind of fraud but everyone says we have to wait until court basically...this whole situation just stinks...and I know I've said before that his son drives me insane but I'm sick of the poor kid getting shuffled around and his feelings being screwed with...he needs some stability already...and they wonder why he's messed up...

luvdagirl's picture

I'm wondering if public aid will contact you to see how much SS is at your house? Maybe you should call them, they will tell you they can't discuss it but if your just informing them they usually take info. If the public aid does cut her off then wouldn't that stregnthen your case? Have you spoken with att. about how this could play out? Besides if BM is that out of the picture normally is it likely that she will keep up with more visits?
Please let me/ us know how it goes!

sixxnguns's picture

I wrote a complaint to the Housing Authority and they did nothing..my finacee went over there in person and told them what was going on, they said as long as the divorce papers say 50/50 custody they can't do anything, but if he brings affidavits in from his daycares that may help them pin her with it, plus my fiancee pays for all the daycare but she gets the reimbursment checks from the government! So we have that proof, because whoeve r needs the daycare has to pay for it...which is us cause we have him all the time...so something MAY happen...and I'm hoping soon...

everythinghappens4areason's picture

How soon are you's planning on returning to court? I too would call Social Services. If she is collecting food stamps, etc and the child is only there a couple days a month, who is she feeding besides herself?

corie

sixxnguns's picture

my fiancee went over there himself last week and they said if he brought affidavits in from like his daycares, which he has already, that MAY help...the guy pretty much told him to wait until we go to court..which may be months away still! He has a lawyer working on it, and she only is feeding HERSELF! How greedy huh?