You are here

When does this become "harrassment"?

madlove's picture
Forums: 

SO... if youve read my previous post, you know that my DH's ex wife is a monster. She recently took my husband back to court, completely falsified her finances so my husband nows pay almost 2000.00 a month in support for SS13 & SS12. She recently bought a brand new surburban, got back from a 2 week vacation on the river, and is remodeling her home. She has had two more children with a new husband. But in court docs she claimed her "Lularoe" business is failing, and they are 3000.00 in the hole every month. My husband and i just wanted to be DONE with the situation and lawyers fees, so we just gave her what she wanted. We were desperate to distance ourselves from her.

She has now been granted an "ex parte" hearing for SS13 (who is not my husbands biological child, but he still pays support fo. crazy, i know) to make my husband find and pay for counseling for him. This woman is finding every reason to tie us up in the court system. I guess she has the money for it now. 

My question is when does her dragging us to court for every little thing become harrassment? Do the courts even care?

tog redux's picture

No, the courts don't care.  Her lawyer allowed that as an ex parte filing? Can't DH just go Pro Se and say, "okay, I'll get him counseling. "

madlove's picture

My concern is continuing to be the only party paying for this child, especially when its neither of ours biologically. It doesn't seem like the courts are holding her accountable for finances as well.

tog redux's picture

That seems odd - at least here, things tend to be split in terms of payment based on income.  Is he on the birth certificate and was married to her when the child was born, is that why they are treating him like a bio child?

Sorry, I know how hard this is, crazy BM in our situation too.

juststressedbeyondbelief's picture

My main question in all of this,

What lawmaker decided it would be a good and fair idea to make a man pay for a child whom he didn't father?

He's essentially paying for some other man's mistake.