You are here

Using studies or research findings in court...

MamaDuck's picture
Forums: 

Is that possible? Has anyone done that?

I came across an awesome article that matches SO's situation perfectly! I was thinking how awesome it would be to shove it under child's lawyers nose, and tell him all his opinions about 'what's in the child's best interest' are shit!!!

Then I just started wondering, in all seriousness, is a NCP able to use studies etc to help their case when they go for 50/50?

Rhyleighblue's picture

I dunno.

But you can ask that question at Dads divorce.com forums. They have lawyers there that answer questions like that.

BUT...

You need to pretend that you are the Dad. They won't even talk to a woman. They will just tell you to get your DH on the forum.

They know tons of stuff about every family court in every state. It's worth a try.

MamaDuck's picture

Oh cool thanks, I might actually get SO to sign up. He want's to go for 50/50, preferably in a year and a half time (SD will be 5.5), but after mediation this week where BM was given every pathetic little thing she asked for and SO lost an hour a week with SD all because BM FEEEEELS unsafe.. SO needs to start working a new angle if he wants a shot at 50/50. A site like that might really help him come up with a game plan! Thank you so much for sharing Smile

lil_lady's picture

MY SO is in the middle of this exact fight... We are in Canada though Sad can you pm me if you stumble upon anything in Canada I will let you know if I see anything for the states. We also have LOADS of research supporting shared parenting if you want any :).

derb84123's picture

DH used statistics on the school districts, state drop our rates- that type of stuff. BM moved out of state before custody was established. It may have helped... He won. She's also super crazy and violent. But he was able to use it

lvstepmom702's picture

mamaduck...what is that article that you came across?? I am looking for anything possible to help my SO in his case as well!!!! pretty much all we have gathered in his cooperative parenting class that they were both ordered to take ( she DID NOT sign up for it ) is that 90% of people in high conflict cases are on drugs or borderline personality disorder. we think she has both UGH!

IamQueen's picture

So funny. Can he really protect his own money? I wanted to financially rape him... is that in jeopardy. Fight for a promotion at your JOB