You are here

Parental kidnapping?

The Triangle's picture
Forums: 

The quick abridged version:

dh has had custody since 2012.  We relocated in 2014.  BM has visitation.  Every summer visit (6weeks) it is something.  This time 2 weeks in ss14 states he couldn’t live with us and would not be returning.  Dh kinda took it as a teenager testing his bounds and told him that was not possible.  The next convo and the next continued to go the same.  BM called and tried to withdrawal ss from school in our state.  The school informed dh.  Bm FINALLY reached out to dh when said “withdrawal” was denied as she does not have custody.  Dh called her bluff.  Dh spoke to ss a couple more times with no luck.  Still adamant about staying with bm.  Bm continued to tell dh she would continue to “urge” ss 14 (uhhhhh, urge?  He can’t drive himself) to get on the plane.  Fast forward.  He didn’t return.  Bm stopped communicating until after the time had passed and dh asked if she was putting him on the plane.  Dh went to the local police, called the police that in the state of visitation, the magistrates in both.  Dh must go to the other state and go through the courts?  Now mind you that the co is in the other state as it was suggested by our lawyer years ago Diablo that cs is easier to obtain when the co is in the state where the non custodial parent resides as cs does not like to cross state lines?  So here we sit.  The police are saying dh can drive to get ss and ask for a peace officer.  The police are saying that is not true.  The police are saying we can help.  The police are saying we can’t help.  We have contacted our attorney yet again and the battle for returning ss begins.  My question is, why is it harder for the custodial parent to get a child back then the non custodial parent to keep them?!  Dh now has to retain a lawyer and go to court when he has custody and bm has visitation?  Is it me or is the system broken?  More venting I suppose.  Just baffling that the police couldn’t help dh when the co clearly states as well as emails and texts and out of bm’s mouth to the police who dh sent for a wellness check, that SHE TOLD DH HE WOULD NOT BE ON THE PLANE AND RETURNING!  Sooooooo,  this is okay?  What a joke.

The Triangle's picture

6!  Apparently putting a number in parentheses makes it an emoji. Ha, the devil, how appropriate

Wrong Way Diva's picture

Legally, she was not in contempt until the day he was supposed to be home.  He should get a consult with an attorney and file an emergency order in court.   DH should take the new order to the local police and make them enforce it.   Ask the judge to order that BM pay his legal fees and that she must post a bond equal to the cost of a plane ticket and legal fees in order to utilize her visitation next year.   No bond, no visit.     

Rags's picture

We used the police and the sherrif to get out kid back when the NCP SpermClan pulled this crap.  It helped that my DW's BFF is the daughter of the police chief who retired and ran for sherrif in that county. 

The SpermIdiot is a gang-banger wannabe who was on the watch list for both the PD and County Sherrif's department so finding him, the Skid or the SpermGrandHag was never too difficult.  They used to rant when the police would pick the Skid up at their church, family reunions, at restaurants,  in front of the SpermGrandHag's house or at her work  and bare their idiot asses in front of their friends, neighbors, and at work in order to give the SKid to my FIL who used to get him to the airport when the SpermClan failed to put him on the plane as scheduled.

We added the additional travel costs to the quarterly billing for the crap they failed to pay for in compliance with the CO.  We have been sending a statement and bill several times per year for ~24 years and counting.  They know if they jack with our son (my former SS-26 adopted by me 3 years ago) that we will sue their asses for the money.  So, they STFU, stay under the slime covered rock they reside under at the bottom of their shallow and polluted gene pool and leave my kid alone.

Though sometimes I would welcome it if they forgot how painfull it is to piss us off.  Diablo

Keep turning up the heat and eventually the toxic BM will feel the heart.  That kid needs to be dragged kicking and screaming the hell away from that toxic breeder of a PASing BM.