You are here

Oregon CO Summer Parenting Time

Rhyleighblue's picture
Forums: 

Okay, Bitchie has started her summer PAS campaign already.

She is outright going to deny trading Bubba for Princess and PeeWee until July 1. The court order says that the exchange happens the first Saturday of summer vacation. The schools for the little kids end on June 13. So, DH should make the trade on June 15. But Bitchie is refusing "just because".

Yeah... just because she has randomly decided that DH will only get the kids for one month and not 45 days, as per the CO.

So, DH must file a Show Cause in Washington County. Trouble is that the court could take up to 45 days to hear the case! So, if DH waits until June 15 to prove that she won't trade the kids then he risks losing his entire summer Parenting Time with them!

When should he file the Show Cause? I say to file it early, like around June 1. That way, he won't lose too much time waiting for a Judge to force her to do what she has already agreed to do last summer.

Any advice?

Thanks in advance.

Orange County Ca's picture

I'm not sure why he has to "show cause". Isn't this a simple failure to obey a court order on her part? If so then a complaint to the judge allegeing criminal failure to obey a court order would seem to be in order. But then as you said its Oregon.....

Of course there is no violation until he shows up on the Saturday morning, with a disinterested witness, and asks to take the kids. Then and only then if she refuses to release the kids is she in violation.

The witness cannot be you and should remain totally silent and non-threatening during the process. If ex asks about him/her Dad should honestly say that "He/she is here to witness your violation of the courts order" and nothing else.

You are not to be anywhere in sight.

NCMilGal's picture

Do you have the refusal to hand over the skids in writing (email)? If you do, go ahead and file a Show Cause for intent to violate the CO. Or, tell her in writing that this is a violation of the CO, quote the passage "first Saturday of summer vacation" and notify her of your intent to file a Show Cause if she doesn't change her mind.

Document, document, document. This is where my DH is full of fail - he "forgets" to record conversations with Bobo, and misses documenting things like, "I just beat the shit out of YOUR daughter." If we had documentation of all of the emotional and physical abuse Bobo has inflicted on SD16, we would have had custody a year ago.

Rhyleighblue's picture

Thank you all for the good advice!

Question: what type of person would be a disinterested party? Police? Or would DH's Mom be okay?

Next: Bitchie does not do ANYTHING in writing... Oh, wait! The very first Parenting Plan that she demanded that the court accept was some BS that she wrote in pencil on notebook paper. Yeah. The court clerk actually took it to the Judge before she laughed out loud.

DH has written her two letters about her behavior with the kids and PASing them. She has denied getting either one of them. If we write another letter I suppose it must be sent certified return receipt.

Should I go ahead and fill out the Show Cause forms and then mail her a copy before filing them? Wouldn't that be tipping our hand? I know that she must get a copy after we file but I wonder if showing her what it says first would scare her into compliance. So far, all DH has had to do to make her behave is threaten to go to mediation.

She is severely undereducated and fears the Court because the Family Court Judge is the same one that called her a liar the very first time they went to court. She doesn't want to face him again, I guess.

Why can't this dumb Bitch just do the right thing for once!? We live in Nevada and DH hasn't seen the little kids at all so far this year! He calls them on the phone once a week but that is not the same thing.