You are here

Not sure what the next move is.

Evil stepmonster's picture
Forums: 

I just got a call from DH. He was frantic.
He was going to pick up SS7 and dPPP for the Christmas break since this is his year. When he got there no Inbred and no children. He waited for 45 minutes or so and began calling over and over. No answer. He went to her house, she lives with her mother and father, the only one home was the father. From what I've heard, the father isn't a bad guy at all. He informed DH that and the end of last week Inbred took the kids and moved in with a boyfriend.
Well, a heads up would have been nice, so where does he get his kids at?
The father didn't know. The reason for the quick move was he had gotten transfered by his work. Where? He doesn't know. Inbred didn't give her parents a head up either. They came home, she was gone. The note said they were leaving Texas with the bf. He said he had talked to Inbred a day ago and she says every one is ok and they have a little apartment close to where ever bf is working.
Did she really move out? Did she really leave Texas with the kids? DH is not sure. He doesn't think the dad would lie about this and said he looked real hurt that his grandkids were gone but he's just not sure. He's called and texts several hundren times and no answer.
Now he's afraid he'll never see his kids again. What can he do? File a charge? He's done it when she refused to hand over the kids, so far she has gotten away with every little thing in her attempts to ruin his relationship with his kids. He won't know until after the winter break if the kids have been checked out of school.

momandmore's picture

A lot of things vary from state to state but I think one common thing and big thing is letting the other parent know you are moving, as well as the courts and it's supposed to be done in advance.

I don't know your situation but if they have a C/O she is in contempt for not letting him know about the move and for withholding for his parenting time. He has a right to know where his kids are.

momandmore's picture

wanted to add, can he call the clerk and find out if she put in a motion to move? I would definitely do that before they close for the holiday break.

Ninji's picture

Call the police. His children are missing and he is receiving no replies from their mother.

momandmore's picture

Great idea ^^^ I didn't even think of that because it doesn't apply in our state for some stupid reason.

He talked to the police in her town. The police that are besties with her entire family. They said since he didn't get them Friday when the holiday break start he forfeit his time so she is allowed to take the kids out of town for Christmas. Even though she didn't let him know like she is supposed to but that is a civil matter. She hadn't contacted the courts on anything, he went strait there and until there is proof that she's moved like the kids being withdrawn from school right now it's a he said she said. He can ask for contempt of court charges but before he has to have proof he's consulted legal counsel. I'm telling you..fathers get royally screwed here. No one is ever on their side.

just.his.wife's picture

So the police are interpreting a civil order... on thier own.. with their own twist??

This place where she was living, it's very small. Infact the police department is never opened. If they need police help they call the number which is forwarded to which ever officer is on duty that day. There's three officers total in that little town. More of a village really.

princessmofo's picture

^^^THIS^^^ Hold the departments feet to the fire on this one. It sounds like kidnapping to me. Especially if she crossed the state line. Contact the local branch of the FBI if necessary. Transporting children across state lines is when the Feds get involved. I speak from experience here.

EX-H kidnapped kids on a supervised visitation from his folks house. He was headed for Canada. Local police were reluctant in his hometown to help me. Fortunately in my hometown he was known as violent and delusional with an unmedicated mental disorder (bipolar-schizo) and had the arrest record to prove it. My hometown cops put pressure on them. They still tried to act like it was a civil matter... Until the local news station showed up at the station. Someone called them "anonymously". I have no doubt it was the Sgt. I had dealt with on several previous occasions. Amber Alert issued. Long story short, Ex made it all the way to the Canadian border. Border patrol thought he was acting squirrely, ran him and kids through database. God Bless the Canadians! Had he made across I would most likely never had seen my children again...

Hanny's picture

This happened to my ex, we lived in a different town about 2 hours from skids. He called them one day and the phone was disconnected. He frantically drove the 2 hours and when he got to their apartment there was a cleaning lady there saying they had moved out just that morning. To make a long story short after several attorneys and lots of $ we found out she had moved to TX and got remarried. She told the kids not to tell their dad, youngest were around 8 and 10 then. We flew to TX and had to get an attorney in TX, but the court would do nothing about it and did not find her in contempt even though papers in CA said she couldn't move skids out of state. Attorney explained it that once they are out of state and have established residence in another state, it is very difficult to make them move back. Good luck. I'm sure your BM did not tell her parents any more because she knew her dad would probably tell your DH what he knew and if he knows nothing, then she is safe!

BethAnne's picture

Wow, reading everyone's stories is scary.

Best of luck getting this sorted. Sounds like you are going to need every avenue available and anyone that you know that has any influence at all. The local/state news would be a great place to go, i'm sure they would love a story about a dad missing his kids at Christmas because of an awol mother, it pulls on the heart strings.

The state police got involved, found out where they went through her mother. At this point she is saying they are visiting the bf family for Christmas and will return on the 2nd. DH filed a report with the court house and county which his CO is from. From reading some of the comments, I'm worried this is giving her plenty of time to set up a residence.
Next week DH plans on talking to attorneys about all this. To be perfectly honest; I'm not hopeful. This is a proBm state, and so is the state she is in now. Fathers rights are never considered. I wish there was something stating that if a BM is in violation of the CO and fathers visitation rights that CS ends until she complies. Of course there's nothing to make sure she follows the CO, no threat of jail, or being on a public list of shitty ass mothers. DH on the other hand, if he doesn't fork over that money to her he will have to suffer for it.

BethAnne's picture

I'm so sorry you two are going through this. At least you know where they are now, but that must be little comfort. She is a complete and utter bitch. I hope your lawyers find someway to haul her back here with the kids. I'll be thinking about you over the holiday.