You are here

No men ruling from judge

stepwaw's picture
Forums: 

Less then one month ago my husband and I were back in court over custody, we were asking for no overnights and full legal custody, we already have full physical custody of my step son who is 6.

The BM had been in a relationship that turned violent and my step son was never harmed, but she lied to us about what was going on. This had been her 5th live in boyfriend in 2 years.

The ruling from the court was no change in the parenting plan time, but that the BM could not have my step son around any man she was involved in a relationship with.

We have just learned that she is moving in with the newest boyfriend and my stepson will be spending the BM parenting time with him at BM mothers house. The BM has had my stepson talk on the phone with the new boyfriend at least 2 times a week, she has taken my step son to the new boyfriend home and said that it is his daddy's fault that he can not live there, plus many other things that are not good for my step son.

To Start, as anyone out there ever had this type of ruling or heard of this type of ruling? Next any advice on how to make the next court date, which is in a week, be productive?

Any advice is welcome, we don't want to police her social life, but have been put in this situation by the court and after just 4 weeks from the ruling are at a loss of what to do.

Thanks!

stormabruin's picture

If she is taking her son to this man's place, she is in violation of the court order. I'm not sure how a judge would rule as far as the phone calls, but with the contact she's had between them since the "no men" ruling & the fact that she's moving in with this man should be reason enough to change visitation.

I would recommend talking to your lawyer to be sure these things are addressed the way they need to be in court.

RaeRae's picture

Our BM was held in contempt because the BM was having the kids sleep in her boyfriends house. It was in their parenting plan that there are to be no unrelated overnight adult guests of the opposite sex (of the parent). At the time there was a 50/50 time share agreement, after that, DH had physical custody of the kids until she married the boyfriend.

Which, was a whole nother story. She said she wanted to spend the day with the kids. She took the kids TO HER WEDDING and didn't bring them home.

Not really all that similar to your situation, but along the same lines I guess.

Kilgore SMom's picture

Supervised Visitation may be your next step. Thats what Dh has for our 6 yrs.old ss. Although BM violated that the first 2 months. B grandmother was suppose to sv and let ss go to BM and spend the night. We're (sm DH) dealing with that issue now. Good Luck.