You are here

My HD court case

Newstepm0m's picture
Forums: 

I came into the picture 3 years ago but I will tell what I know. 

When I started my relationship with my husband he told me he had a son and lived in Florida we were in another state. I met my SS during vacations. I got married at the end of 2016 just court wedding. Then we moved to another state but first we went to Florida to see my SS. My HD talked to the BM about it and she was ok even said would send my SS by airplaine. 

Then when time passed my HD asked her and she said she had to come first and check the place and me. We have met before but she doesnt talks or looks at me. They dated for two months and she got pregnant then when my SS was born they split after  a few months. So I dont know why the hate. Then after my HD said no to her coming to my home she just kept quiet.

she started a parental case on October 2016 but she never sent any documents to my HD so we never knew. Until March 2017 that she started another case requesting all parental rights to be removed from my HD and saying she had to hire a private investigator cuz my HD disappeared when she always had the new address and we sent back and forth mail, also she wants my HD to cover all her expenses. They went to a conference and nothing happened. Cuz she started another case after that one being dismissed. She is asking for the same again. Then the judge of the case retired and the new one didnt have information so they cancelled the day. Now the lawyer said it was the best to go to a mediator cuz this was getting too extended. Then today the new judge wants to talk to my HD we dont know what for.

My HD doesnt know or understand why the court is giving her  such an easy pass because she hasnt even done the paperwork they had to do since last year. My Hd’s lawyer had to ask the court to give her 10 days to do everything not even the parenting course they were asked to do. Now she quit her job to have an excuse for her actions and my HD had to take a loan for the lawyer but she is acting like he is rich or money is overflowing. 

She never asked or talked to my HD before doing all this. Now we have to wait for another month and she hasnt given the papers yet is like the court is on her side. She acts like she is suffering or having a hard time. She lives with her mother at the mothers house she doesnt pay rent or anything I dont understand why acting like she is extra poor. Is this only in Florida cases or everywhere? My HD is broke debt in every credit card and a loan on his 401k he doesnt go on vacation but she travels outside the country every year. 

Newstepm0m's picture

Yes he does . But everytine she wants my HD to have my SS witout planning he has to have money from nowhere

Thumper's picture

Explain more please. If husband has court order for cs, stop giving bm money.

Rags's picture

DH needs to get a Custody/Visitation'/Support order and get it now.  Then he needs to keep a rolled up copy of it handy to beat the snot out of BM with any time she deviates from the stipulations in the order. Figuratively of course.

There is a whole lot to your initial post that doesn't pass the smell test.  More information might help you get more helpful feedback from others who are living what you are going through.

Good luck.