You are here

How do you get something done!?!

Let_therebepeace's picture
Forums: 

BM is court ordered to pay cs. For seven years DH has had cs handled through state (child support services). In those seven years BM has gone 3,4 up to 9 months sometimes without a voluntary payment. We are currently at 4 months without a voluntary payment. She is working, yet CSS has done NOTHING to attempt collection (according to the "case updates"). Previously DH or I have to contact them to get something done. I don't want to have to contact them to do their job. How else can we get something done?

twoviewpoints's picture

If doing CSE's job for them got your DH the CS due his children, doing their job for them I'd do.

If Dh knows where she is working he takes the info to CSE and demands (politely but assertively) that they begin garnishing her wages. He wants her tax refunds snags. I'm assuming you're in the states, if so, all of this can be done.

he needs to also actually read up on exactly what your state's CSE can do and then he wants to insist CSE does it. Here driver's license or state license/certification for a variety of work can be snagged. My state wouldn't even let her have something as simple as fishing or hunting license. The state has finally learned asking nicely and/or annoying his/her doesn't work, so they've gone to making his/her life more difficult.

Check out Walk on By's blogs , she does the work for her husband's CS all the time...and it's made a difference and he actually gets some money now and then.

Rags's picture

The SpermIdiot physically ran from the process server when he had ignored the summons to court for a CS mod hearing. When the DA's office had him served... he ran, jumped fences, etc... to avoid receipt of the summons. It didn't matter, the process server had a video camera on him and caught it all.

Because of the extended effort to ignore the summons the DA's office asked my DW to provide them with any information she might have on the SpermIdiot. She went all fraud investigator/CPA on his ass and sent them his old tax returns from when they were together (she had done his taxes while she was still in HS), provided his employer's contact information, his car registrations, his criminal records, our PI reports on him, his state plumber's license number, the plumber hourly wage rates for every county in the state with his county highlighted, etc....... In her submission of information she recommended that the DA set his CS based on the median for journeyman licensed plumbers in his county.

Based on the information provided by my DW and her recommendation the SPermIdiot's CS was raised from $133/mo where it had been for 9years t0 $785/mo and also based on her request they invoked direct payroll withholding. No one heard a word from the DipShitIot until he got his first pay check with the invoked direct CS withholding and he shit a brick and when screaming into the DA's office with his hair on fire. Suddenly he was all about a CS modification hearing. So... a few months later we had a CS modification telephone hearing heard by a Admin Law Judge. The SpermIdiot tried to lie about not receiving the several summons notifications and denied running from the process server. That didn't fly but neither did the Judge smack him for his lies or for running. In the end of a few hours his CS was dropped to $385/mo with continued payment of the $785/mo amount dating back to the original date my DW filed for the CS amendment.

The more of a PITA you are with the CSE office the better service you will be likely to get.

One of many things that was interesting and infuriating was the Judge's refusal to nail the SpermIdiot's ass to the wall for not paying us his share of SKid medical costs not covered by insurance (broken arm, root canal, glasses, medical Co-Pays, Rx Co-Pays, etc....) The judge told us to sue him for it in civil court. That chapped my ass.

SMforever's picture

Whenever I've had to get any regulatory agency move forward on a case, it has helped to make contact and offer details of the offender just like Rags says. This extends to all legal issues. Anything you can supply to the state agency might help them garnish earnings etc because a failure to do so promptly usually boils down to laziness on the part of the clerk in the agency. They are not paid for their successful outcomes, so they have no motivation to,collect on your behalf.