You are here

Have any BM's out there lost primary custody because of PAS?

ohxitsxapril's picture
Forums: 

I am just wondering if anyone knows any BM's lost Custodial Parent because of parental alienation, or because she is in contempt of court so many times?
I know most moms dont have custody because they are dead beats or have drug/alcohol problems, but just wondering if any didnt have custody due to those reasons (or something else) that I mentioned?
I know judges mostly side with BM's though.

Everyones Interest's picture

Acutally, yes. I do. It was HARDCORE PAS, but the judge saw through it (after a decade, and tonnes of $$$ spent by Dad) and stripped her of all custody. I believe she only has supervised visits once a month now.

Here's the link:

http://parentalalienationcanada.blogspot.com/2009/01/mom-loses-custody-f...

I have another one somewhere with tips on what to do to gain custody. I'll post a link in a sec.

***Life - It's not a rehearsal***

imagr8tma's picture

I am interested in this question as well. Our BM has serious PAS issues.... to the point where the judge wrote in the court order for her to stop PAS. Which she has not stopped and has gotten worse. DH has filed contempt against her - and we are just waiting on the court date.

prayerhelps's picture

Well,

From what I know of PAS is that it is not recognized as a diagnosable syndrome. Until it becomes so, which I do not think it will, it will be hard to use it in court. I do think more and more judges are starting to see more cases of HAP (hostile aggressive parenting) and are using that as basis, as the act of HAP is what supposedly causes PAS.

In our case, my SD17 last spring went to live with her BM FT for first time. SD was with her for a little over 4 mos when we went to court about seeing about change of custody. During this time, her attitude towards DH changed dramatically.

We thought for sure BM would get primary custody, because of what SD wanted. Judge ordered SD back to us, due to HAP (though Judge didn't exactly say that was what it was) and fact that BM wanted to be SD friend rather than parent (permissive parenting). Judge actually said---I know that SD would not have any relationship with DH within the next two years because of how she is being parented, and all kids need to have relationship w/parents. We found out later from SD therapist that SD felt like it was a betrayal to her BM to be with my DH for over 10+ years due to the comments BM made to SD.

Judges are getting smarter on this stuff and recognizing that permissive parenting and HAP is not good---that would be angle I would take

bjmoore17's picture

I live in West Virginia and it is considered a form of child abuse and is recognized in our courts.

violetforest's picture

I am new to this site as of today and i have been searching out information to help my husband thought the custody battle with one of his two biological son's. I will begin to post a daily log of events on a blog attached to this site in an attempt to gain information and supportive ideas on how to adjust to the situation that we have found ourselves in. As I call her my "ex" (really my husband's ex wife) has over the past 3 years continually made accusations against my husband, myself and my children. She has been found in contempt several times and refuses to follow what is now the 7th court order any documented recommendations from the GAL, therapist or evaluators. I did not have any idea that I would have to go though all of this, I signed up to be a stepparent. I was ready for some possible namecalling,adjustment periods and such but I never had any idea that it could be this bad. I am open to advice from all and I look forward to meeting many of you online.